Anyone drive from I95 on East Coast - Hotel Question

thlarock

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I am planning a May trip and thinking about driving but want to stop and stay at a nice hotel along the way not too far off of I 95. I am coming from NJ so I am thinking South/North Carolina might be the best stop each way. Anyone have any real nice hotels they have stayed out that they would recommend? Thx - T

Hi all,

I am planning a May trip and thinking about driving but want to stop and stay at a nice hotel along the way not too far off of I 95. I am coming from NJ so I am thinking South/North Carolina might be the best stop each way. Anyone have any real nice hotels they have stayed out that they would recommend? Thx - T
We stop EVERY trip at the Sleep Inn in Walterboro, SC. It's clean, inexpensive and convenient. Right on 95 then it's a 5 hour drive to WDW from there.

We stayed at a Springhill Suites right off 95 in Savannah, GA two years ago and it was nice and convenient.

We own a small HHI specifically for this stop and two nights is ideal for us. Yes, it is a bit off the beaten path, however we enjoy HHI and being safe at a Disney resort. We are planners and can ensure we have a villa at 11 months out. I know this likely is no help, however if you have time to drive out there it might be an option. Six hours to WDW. Safe travels!

Lot's of good options, one bad, bad, really bad, disturbingly bad option just South of the North Carolina Border. Avoid that.

We own a small HHI specifically for this stop and two nights is ideal for us. Yes, it is a bit off the beaten path, however we enjoy HHI and being safe at a Disney resort. We are planners and can ensure we have a villa at 11 months out. I know this likely is no help, however if you have time to drive out there it might be an option. Six hours to WDW. Safe travels!

Wait you are saying stay at Disneys Hilton Head resort in SC? I don’t think it would add that long to the drive.

Wait you are saying stay at Disneys Hilton Head resort in SC? I don’t think it would add that long to the drive.
Yes! I think it is totally worth it! I bit more driving for Disney comfort and safety...we love the resort with rocking chairs on your own porch.

Not allowed to say which one or give me a hint so I avoid?
Sorry, I was trying to be clever. Never a good idea on the Interwebs.

Lot's of good options, one bad, bad, really bad, disturbingly bad option just South of the North Carolina Border. Avoid that.
It's an old tourist trap that you will start seeing signs for 100+miles away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter