Anyone done this? cheaper to book an extra day???

Sparkly Pooh Bear

Earning My Ears
Ok so we have flights booked months ago for March. Departing on a friday for 5 nights. I'm just about to book SL (using the french site) and have noticed if I book in on a thursday (staying 6 nights) its E60 cheaper! Is there any problem doing this but not arriving and checking in until friday? obviously I would email the hotel in advance to let them know.

Nope, never done it, and for the sake of 60 euros I'm not sure its worth doing (often when you book a hotel you are expected to check in on the day you say you're going to, or potentially forfeit your entire booking).

I wouldn't see any problem in checking out early if the deal was better, but personally I'd phone DLP first before booking for 6 nights when you're not going to turn up on check-in day at all (and I'd ask for email confirmation from them too that they won't cancel your booking in the circumstances you describe).

Is this due to the "yes days" sale where you stay an even amount of nights and get two free?

When DBF and I go - we only ever want Wed-Sat, however it's cheaper to buy a Wed-Sun package, so we pay for this and just leave on the Saturday (a day earlier). But it's nice because we have the room all day on our last day that way.

Would it be worth you pricing up leaving a day later instead and if it's cheaper, do it that way?

Thanks for replies - it's only down to the fact that we are arriving on a Friday.so when I priced arriving on a thur, it was cheaper even with the extra nights stay. Don't think I'll chance it had no idea a booking could be cancelled

Checking in on a Thursday is usually cheaper then on Fridays and weekends as they know those times are more popular so increase the price.

If you do book it, email or telephone the hotel the day before you arrive and tell them you have been delayed but will be there the following day. They should then keep the room open for you.

If you do book it, email or telephone the hotel the day before you arrive and tell them you have been delayed but will be there the following day. They should then keep the room open for you.

+1

And make sure that you get a written reply from them , not just an ok over the phone as you've then got proof that it was ok. For 60€ I wouldn't do it it's not worth the hassle and the real possibility that you lose all your booking.

I don't think I'd risk it for €60 either.

I know it's not exactly the same thing but I can remember us being late checking into a holiday camp and they were quite funny about it - we'd got caught up in horrendous traffic and it was in the days before mobile phones so we hadn't been able to contact them but I still remember thinking thank goodness they hadn't re let our caravan to anyone else.

I agree with everyone here. If I was checking out a day early rather than arriving a day late it'd be different, and I probably would book the extra night to save €60.

We had an evening flight cancelled due to fog a few years ago, so I had to ring the Cheyenne to let them know we'd be arriving middayish the following day, it wasn't a problem and our room still wasn't ready when we checked in :/
I'm sure people get held up all the time through no fault of their own, incidently I think that was a Thursday booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter