Anyone doing United's "Kids fly free" program?

3princesses4us

Proud OSU alum- Go Pokes!
I'm going crazy trying to get this last minute trip to DL planned for my DD's 5th birthday in January. The only way I can get DH on board (since we're going to WDW this fall) is with the kids fly free program. My only problem is my TA. I feel like I'm getting the run around with him. To not miss so much work, we need to fly back on a Sunday night. My TA keeps telling me kids fly free doesn't work on weekends, but even my travel agency's website states that "AFTER February 16, 2006 kids fly free cannot be used for travel on a weekend". We are wanting to go in January so one would think we could take advantage of this, but again my TA just says no it's not possible... He's not great at explaining why so I don't feel like he's really trying that hard.
Is anyone out there taking advantage of this AND traveling on a weekend day and if so who is your travel agent? Thanks in advance...

We are doing the kids fly free in March. As I understand it from our travel agent is on United you can't do it at all on any Fri, Sats, Or Sundays PERIOD! On Alaska you can but for United they are strickter. We are leaving on a Thursday and returning on a Wednesday. Another big thing for us to was they do not have any non stop flights into Orange County. We opted to change plans in San Fransisco instead of flying into LAX at a later time. The flights were limited to about 2 different times a day. That was it. It also took us about 3 days to finalize anything and by the time we did we had to choose different days and times several times because they had already sold out. In the end we are ending up with a great vacation for a very decent price. Again though, no flying on fridays, saturday, and sundays. Sorry.

Also keep in mind that the kids fly free program may be "sold out" on the dates you want to travel. The airlines, just as with their fare structure, only allocate so many seats on any given flight for the program. So just because their is general inventory on a flight does NOT mean that they have the "cheap seats" left. That may very well be what your TA is running up against.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter