Anyone do Jedi training lately?

Lexje06

Earning My Ears
I’m considering making HS my first park on day 1 which means I wouldn’t get to the park till about 10:30 ish. Do you think I’d have any shot at getting Jedi training? It would also be a Saturday.

I’m considering making HS my first park on day 1 which means I wouldn’t get to the park till about 10:30 ish. Do you think I’d have any shot at getting Jedi training? It would also be a Saturday.
My kids have done Jedi training twice. The first time we were there first thing and had no problem. The second time we arrived late (around ten) and they only had spots for different times. One for each of the last three trainings.

I watched the Jedi training and I gotta say...those little kids looked TERRIFIED when they had to go up against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren. Honestly I don't think they should let any child under the age of, say, 8 or 10 do it. The really little ones don't understand what's going on and it's very clearly not fun for them - at least not the ones I saw.

I watched the Jedi training and I gotta say...those little kids looked TERRIFIED when they had to go up against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren. Honestly I don't think they should let any child under the age of, say, 8 or 10 do it. The really little ones don't understand what's going on and it's very clearly not fun for them - at least not the ones I saw.

I would be more worried about my 6-7 year old actually trying to take out Vader. He watches enough Lego star wars and star wars to really have a hate for Vader.

Make sure you have lots of water for your kids along with hats and sunscreen. They wait for a while in a shaded area outside. My 8 year old son did it around the same time last year, for the 11 am show and he looked miserable while waiting. Btw, if siblings go together they’ll fight Vader on the upper stage.

Also important for late August, if it rains out it turns into a Vader meet and greet.

Maybe you saw my son! Lol.
He was 4 here. He’ll be 7 on our next trip and wants to try again. Hopefully will be a better experience!

7716CD9E-7B3C-451D-B3EF-7180DE04F679.jpeg

Maybe you saw my son! Lol.
He was 4 here. He’ll be 7 on our next trip and wants to try again. Hopefully will be a better experience!

Aw, poor kid! 7 is I think old enough to know what's pretend and what's real, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

When I went there was a sizable group of kids who were about 4 or 5 years old and when you're that age everything is real whether someone tells you it's pretend or not. Many of them became bored and fidgety during the opening presentation, a few were tugging off their robes about halfway through, and when it came time to "do battle" about 75% of them visibly shrank away from Kylo/Darth and had to be held in place to go through the routine. Kylo/Darth went easy on them, but I still felt bad for those kids because they all had the same "What the heck is going on why is that big man with no face trying to hurt me with that big stick I want OFF THIS STAGE RIGHT NOW" expressions.

I mean, I'm sure the little kids were real excited at the beginning but when stuff got real it got REALLY real - sort of like when they want to go see Santa Claus and are hugely excited about it right up until they get on Santa's lap - then they freak.

My kids absolutely loved it, even when they were little. My three year old begged to be able to do it last trip and was so bummed when he had to watch his siblings.

I plan to Rope Drop Toy Story Land and the sign up for a 6:00 PM Jedi Training. I plan to leave Toy Story Land by 10.

Do they stop taking reservations at a certain time or do they take reservations until they are full?

I plan to Rope Drop Toy Story Land and the sign up for a 6:00 PM Jedi Training. I plan to leave Toy Story Land by 10.

Do they stop taking reservations at a certain time or do they take reservations until they are full?
They take sign ups until they are full.

Earlier you get there, the more choices in times.

Earlier times tend to book up first. But, there is a bit of randomness when a particular show will fill on a particular day.

I would be more worried about my 6-7 year old actually trying to take out Vader. He watches enough Lego star wars and star wars to really have a hate for Vader.
Your household is my household. My then-5yo son went to town on Vader, even making some jumping slashes to try to get to the head, which the photographer captured. And this was 2012 at DLR, so he had to jump and shout to get picked in the first place.

Not all of them. My then 4, turning 5 year old LOVED it.. He was going to only do the training {which they say is fine} but totally got into it and LOVED fighting Carlos which is what he called Kylo Ren then. He is now SW OBSESSED!

This was my exact thought. My four year old will probably try to tackle Vader!

My daughter was 5 when she did it at DLR. They had her group fighting Kylo Ren, but then Kylo and Vader switched places right before it was her turn. The (enormous) Darth Vader actor stood at edge of the stage, a few inches from me, before restarting the fight. That alone was so intimidating that I got sick to my stomach. Then he turned and charged at my 5-year-old, slashing his lightsaber at her really forcefully. I was surprised how aggressive he was. But she didn't back down! She eventually heard the choreography prompts and finished the fight. She was so proud. She said she was scared at first, but that she remembered her training and used the Force. She still says it was her favorite thing at Disney.

I can see it not being for every kid. I was scared for my kid because no one else got charged at in the same way. And because I am afraid of Darth Vader.ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

My boys did it last week. They are 8 and just turned 5. We signed up before park open. There were still spots until pretty late in the morning (the sign was still out), but not sure which times were left. I had the shortest and tallest kid in the line up 😂 my little guy reaped the benefits of being tiny and got to help carry the sign.

My 8yo has done it twice previously but still loved it. My 5yo LOVED it. They both fought Vader. My 5yo loved the force push part lol. We had to watch it anytime we passed the area. I’m sure he would have done it again.

It was sooooo hot even at their 9:40 time. They did give them all a mini water after. Then we sat and cooled down in Backlot Express.

I really think Jedi Training is extremely well done. We had one of the same head actresses as 2 years ago. I think I recognized all of them, so they have it down. I love their ways of interacting with all the kids and how they play anything into the script (overzealous kid, scared kid, shy kid etc).

I’m actually glad my 5yo didn’t go off script haha. I was a little worried. I think Vader kept him in check 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter