Anyone dined at Prime Time 50's lately....?

a-mad

Mouseketeer
This used to be one of our favorite places to dine, but wondered how both the atmosphere/acting has been lately, as well as the food quality. I was disappointed that the menu has been reduced, but can understand given the circumstances.

This used to be one of our favorite places to dine, but wondered how both the atmosphere/acting has been lately, as well as the food quality. I was disappointed that the menu has been reduced, but can understand given the circumstances.
We were there last month. I think we all got the chicken and mashed potatoes. Everything was good. It was our first time, so we have nothing to compare it to. But there was no kind of antics or any kind of acting. It is possible it was just our waiter, but I didn’t notice much going on around us either. And from what I’ve read recently, I think they’ve toned it down considerably.

We were there last month. I think we all got the chicken and mashed potatoes. Everything was good. It was our first time, so we have nothing to compare it to. But there was no kind of antics or any kind of acting. It is possible it was just our waiter, but I didn’t notice much going on around us either. And from what I’ve read recently, I think they’ve toned it down considerably.

We were also their last month and had the same experience. In fact, our waiter said he previously worked at another restaurant, but had just been called back to work and assigned to Prime Time. It was his first day. The table next to us had a server that was totally into the antics. She even came by us and told me to take my elbows off the table!

We ate there in February. I've always found the food to be mediocre and that was my impression this time as well. I was really going for the antics, but we unfortunately did not get any. There was one large party the next room over that was getting the full 50s antics experience, but they were the only ones. Everyone else was just having dinner...nothing exciting.

My first experience at 50's was in 2015 & my meal wasn't good (chicken pot pie, no longer on the menu) but the antics were in high gear. My friend couldn't keep his elbows off the table & had to perform "I'm a Little Teapot". He's a really good sport so it was fun! I decided to give it another try this past March & I definitely choose better so I enjoyed the food a lot more this time (pot roast & fried chicken). Our server did give us the "house rules" but didn't strictly enforce it so it wasn't as fun as before, but it was still good service.

Does requesting antics or no antics when you check in make a difference? Or do you just get what you get because tables and servers are preassigned?

We were there in December and it was good. The waiter started with a couple of jokes but didn’t get a lot of laughter so he spent his time at a table that was into his Schtick a little more. But service was fine had pork chops, fried chicken and the chocolate peanut butter milkshakes and it was all good! Interesting decor, ask for a TV table at check in. Sets the mood!

Used to be one of our favorite places but the "tail wagged the dog" and so much of the fun has stopped. A few years ago, I got in "trouble" for not eating all my food and had to help pass out menus. We laughed so hard and had such a good time!! Of course, I could not do anything right and the corrections of my inadequacies was amusement for all. I am a bit of an introvert but it was all in good fun and the laughs were the best. Not so much fun at Whispering Canyon these days either. 98 percent of the eateries on property have nothing like these two restaurants when it came to teasing and fun but the squeaky wheel was heard and the fun is soooooo limited. I wish the folks that do not like the fun could be assigned to a section with no kidding and joking so the rest of us could enjoy the antics. PS. We love Mom's special that comes with chicken, meatloaf, and roast beef. We usually order a full meal and salad to split so we have room to split dessert.

We went in late January so been a bit, but definitely had a waiter that was into the antics - it wasn't over the top like we've sometimes had in the past, but enough to get some great belly laughs from the kids and they still talk about it. The food was great. It definitely didn't have the same energy levels with smaller seating capacity, but we still really enjoyed it. It's our family's favorite in DHS for sure.

Our waitress made a couple of quips in October. Nothing over the top. It was after park close and I think she just wanted us to finish eating and leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter