• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone cruised in a single studio room?

darnheather

DIS Veteran
Would love to hear thoughts on cruising single in a studio room. I don't know which ships have them, but I just saw it on NCL. It looks super tiny but then in general their rooms look smaller than DCL (I haven't seen square footage so don't shoot me if I'm wrong).

certain NCL and RCCL ships have them.

i think NCL's may all be interiors, but i'm not sure - from what i understand they are often centered around a lounge area so the solo travelers can meet each other.

royal has interior, ocean view, and balcony. i've not stayed in one, but i did see a balcony one on quantum/anthem of the seas, and although it was small, i was actually surprised at how spacious it seemed. it was missing a couch (had a small chair/stool instead), but had a normal-size bathroom, bed, desk, storage etc. on that particular one, the balcony was ginormous, too - it was on a bumpout area so very deep. i wouldn't think twice about staying in one.

ncl and royal rooms are generally smaller than disney category-for-category, but to me it feels like so much space is taken up by the split bath on disney that the actual living space in the rooms is about the same. others have said they definitely feel the size difference, though. i think a lot of it depends on configuration, storage, furniture, etc and not so much on actual square footage - i mean, unless you're in a big suite, all cruise rooms are small. :)

Last year I booked a single room for my Anthem of the Seas cruise for my March 7 cruise this year but when the price of my cruise dropped $700 I upgraded to a larger interior room with virtual balcony. From what I understand the single studio room has a smaller virtual view and no sofa. Sorry I couldn't be more help as I was looking forward to checking out the studio room but since the price dropped and to upgrade was only $200 I jump at that opportunity.

I'm considering cruising solo on RCCL in a few years and was interested in this as well. No matter how tiny, I'll be fine, I just wanted opinions

I booked an inside studio on Radiance of the Seas for an Alaska cruise next year. There are only 3 cabins like that on the ship.

Too tiny for me. I would rather pay the single supplement and have more room. (And get double points which you don't get in a single studio.) I would also double check if they are basically additions to a larger room - I think I've read that some are basically annexes of suites. That would be a deal-breaker for me 100%.

Too tiny for me. I would rather pay the single supplement and have more room. (And get double points which you don't get in a single studio.) I would also double check if they are basically additions to a larger room - I think I've read that some are basically annexes of suites. That would be a deal-breaker for me 100%.
I don't mind having a smaller cabin or foregoing double cruise points. I'd rather save the money for excursions.

On Radiance, the 3 inside studio cabins and 6 ocean-view cabins across the hall on deck 4 used to be a side dining room off the main dining room: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/finda...ile=1638&sailDate=1160403&hasNavigation=false

What I'm finding as I search is that you can't choose from the beginning that you want a single studio room. I don't care where I go as long as I can afford to go alone. Being able to search like that would make me far more likely to cruise as I'm having to go through multiple cruises to the very end to see if they even have any available. Annoying.

What I'm finding as I search is that you can't choose from the beginning that you want a single studio room. I don't care where I go as long as I can afford to go alone. Being able to search like that would make me far more likely to cruise as I'm having to go through multiple cruises to the very end to see if they even have any available. Annoying.
When I booked my studio on RCI, it was the day after the cruise was available to book. It showed up as an option as I checked prices for 1 passenger.

I stayed in a balcony studio on the Quantum last year. Tiny cabin, HUGE balcony. They are not all huge, 4 of the 12 are. The cabin itself, as I said is tiny, but there was adequate storage for me on a 12 night cruise and I don't pack light. Standard size bathroom. If you do not book right when the cruise becomes available, non studio cabins can often be had at a better price then the studios

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter