Anyone concerned about the Coronavirus in WDW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next trip to WDW is in a couple of months. Yes, I am a little concerned, but it’s not keeping me up at night. Hopefully containment efforts are successful. I probably wouldn’t be concerned if my trip wasn’t until November 2020. We should know a lot more before then to help you make decisions about your trip.

Sure, it’s in the back of my mind that down the road it may impact us. There is currently no vaccine or treatment as there is for the flu, so even the CDC is preparing local public health outlets in the event of an outbreak. So, if they are thinking ahead, so am I. I am still planning travel in August and December, but will be sure that those include refundable/insurable reservations. I was hospitalized three years ago and spent 5 days in the ICU with a serious viral illness and would not take a chance in going through that again. Probably why I am on the more cautious side than others.

I’m wondering if there will be any impact on the summer Olympics. During the last summer games, many athletes bailed out because of the Zika virus.

Last edited:
Going to Aruba in May. Just booked a Disney trip last week for October. Not worried at all.

Really, the only people who should be more worried than usual in the US right now are those involved with infectious disease control, since that's their job.

From my personal health point of view, I'm not anymore concerned about coronavirus than the flu. I sure as heck don't want it, but I'm not afraid.

I was in Disneyland a couple of weeks ago and wasn't concerned. Only saw a few wearing masks.
Wash your hands and stay away from sick people.

Last edited:
No, we were there last weekend, we were just mindful about using hand sanitizer and lots of hand washing.

Sure, it’s in the back of my mind that down the road it may impact us. There is currently no vaccine or treatment as there is for the flu, so even the CDC is preparing local public health outlets in the event of an outbreak. So, if they are thinking ahead, so am I. I am still planning travel in August and December, but will be sure that those include refundable/insurable reservations. I was hospitalized three years ago and spent 5 days in the ICU with a serious viral illness in sepsis and would not take a chance in going through that again. Probably why I am on the more cautious side than others.

I’m wondering if there will be any impact on the summer Olympics. During the last summer games, many athletes bailed out because of the Zika virus.

I can relate. My husband ended up being hospitalized for 6 days with a very serious infection (staff) right after a WDW trip back in May 1994. Doc said he almost died. So yea, I worry. I always book trips at refundable rates.

Way too far ahead of time to know.

Correct. Not worried yet. We just returned today. But let's see what the future brings. If we are so unlucky to have it take a foothold here then we could potentially see DL and WDW shut for periods of time.

I am not going to WDW so I am not concerned with that. However, my husband leaves on Wednesday flying to Milan, Italy for a month. I am supposed to join him on March 12th. We are/were planning on visiting the area where the cases just broke out for a portion of the trip. There is someone with Coronavirus in a hospital in Milan.

While I am not afraid of catching it, I am concerned about the impact it will have on travel within Italy, closing of towns and restaurants, etc. Until two days ago, Italy only had two cases and no issues. I guess my point is who knows what will happen there in the next couple of weeks.

The good thing is we go to Italy regularly (about twice a year) so this will only be a temporary setback. I am not cancelling anything yet of course, but I wonder if there will soon be travel advisories, etc. Not to mention I want to go on my trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter