Anyone but me seem to think its Silly to blame Vloggers/Magic Key Holders for issues at the Park?

JerrodDragon89

DIS Veteran
It's not really as much here but on Reddit and online in general, I always see people trying to blame MK for things like talking during the Haunted Mansion stretching room. Or videoing during Fireworks or taking Flash Photo's/using lightening on rides.

I always see the blame going towards the 2 groups of Vloggers/Magic Key Holders but to me I couldn't tell you who is doing it, many times seems to me like a normal ticketed guest could be doing these negative behaviors but the blame seemed to be passed on.

Anyway just wanted to see what other people experiences are like

It's definitely the "hardcore fans" that can develop bad habits like talking during pre-shows. etc., but it's not just pass holders or bloggers, necessarily. I have observed a phenomonon that I call "Disneyland People" - guests that seem to think they own the place. Most of those people probably are passholders, but it's still not everyone. I see less of that at WDW, so it's definitely a local thing. This doesn't extend to flash photography or videoing as they tend to not do that at all since, you know, they go all the time. That's more of a "noob" behavior. 🤣

Last edited:
There's a reason why the term 'Passhole' has been a thing for years. I've never referred to anyone as that term but I've seen it floating around for a while and used in videos where former Disney employees discuss guest behavior.

I agree that anyone regardless of ticket status can exhibit these behaviors but there is somewhat of a trend of annual passholders at their respective parks having a mentality of "I own the place." I've seen it at WDW as well, not just DL. I actually feel like Disneyland has a 'chiller' guest vibe but that's coming from a non local/non frequent perspective so YMMV.

There is a subset of people who are inconsiderate and make parks worse for the rest of us, and those people usually happen to be passholders. I don't think being a vlogger or passholder causes someone to become this kind of person. They would be selfish and entitled even if they never visited Disney. But you inevitably have some overlap between the two groups, and since people are generally respectful at the parks, they stick out.

I've personally never been bothered by a vlogger, but annoyed by plenty of large families who stand right in front of the entrance to a ride while deciding who wants to go on and what they're doing next and where they should get lunch. On reddit in particular, all types of influencers are scapegoats for people being annoying in public.

I don’t think the MK holders are the issue. Now vloggers, that’s another story. I have witnessed it myself on some live streams. It’s the reason that I seldom watch any when. Now, I don’t want to paint all vloggers with the same brush. There are some who are considerate of the other park visitors. With the exception of a few, I have found most who livestream at DL are nice.

I think we should blame human beings for problems at the park. I mean, every group, passholders, vloggers, people who are neither, all have their share of jerks as well as their share of good people who don't bother anyone. The only thing we can do as individuals is control how we react to the jerks and not become like them.

(That said, it hasn't happened yet, but I've always said if I ever think I'm about to end up in the same ride vehicle as one of those yappy streamers who don't shut up during their livestream, I plan to respectfully ask a CM to put me on the next vehicle after that. Humans who act a fool on rides are bad enough. Streamers asking for your money and gifts and keepnig their camera lit up the entire time are definitely worse.)

Last edited:
I think we should blame human beings for problems at the park. I mean, every group, passholders, vloggers, people who are neither, all have their share of jerks as well as their share of good people who don't bother anyone. The only thing we can do as individuals is control how we react to the jerks and not become like them.

(That said, it hasn't happened yet, but I've always said if I ever think I'm about to end up in the same ride vehicle as one of those yappy streamers who don't shut up during their livestream, I plan to respectfully ask a CM to put me on the next vehicle after that. Humans who act a fool on rides are bad enough. Streamers asking for your money and gifts and keepnig their camera lit up the entire time are definitely worse.)

Yeah...those streamers show up on my feed sometimes but I quickly scroll by. At first, I was like "ooh...fun...let's see what people are up to in the park" but then it was mostly the streamer just saying "hit that like and follow" over and over along with thanking people for their "gifts." Super lame.

I would be curious to hear stories where vloggers annoyed people or were in the way. In my experience, they're usually solo or in a small group, holding the camera within arm's length, and no louder or less considerate than the average guest.

For example?

I've never had an issue with one and seen them do anything but film themselves or shows/rides.
They don't watch where they are walking, they lie to remain on press lists. Want to try that limited time cookie or drink? Tough luck, all vloggers need to be the first to post a picture of X cookie or Y popcorn bucket making lines impossible for normal guests. How many vloggers on tik tok advocating for DAS abuse? The list goes on.

Ever seen that Black Mirror episode about social media where the girl falls horribly from grace? How she takes a picture of a half bitten cookie but doesn't even eat it?
How people can actually spend hours watching them talk and even give them money is beyond me. Leaches, all of them.

They don't watch where they are walking, they lie to remain on press lists. Want to try that limited time cookie or drink? Tough luck, all vloggers need to be the first to post a picture of X cookie or Y popcorn bucket making lines impossible for normal guests. How many vloggers on tik tok advocating for DAS abuse? The list goes on.

Ever seen that Black Mirror episode about social media where the girl falls horribly from grace? How she takes a picture of a half bitten cookie but doesn't even eat it?
How people can actually spend hours watching them talk and even give them money is beyond me. Leaches, all of them.

I mean, maybe not ALL of them, but you make good points. Whenever there is a new offering, too many of these folks flock to it making it impossible for the average guest to get it. Food & Wine Festival is the worst - they take up tables photographing their food for an exhorbitant amount of time, and there are no tables for anyone else. You are intended to eat and move on.

I know there are some of them that are more considerate, but the way it has turned into a little cottage industry makes it annoying overall.

I know this thread is DL specific but just look at today for example. It's the first day of Flower and Garden at Epcot and I've seen videos on Twitter of people absolutely going insane for the merchandise. I feel bad for regular guests that wanted at least 1 bag but all of the resellers grabbed them all so that they can charge 3x the amount for them on eBay.

I've also seen videos of that candy cane situation during the holidays at Disneyland and I'm like, are you guys good???

I know this thread is DL specific but just look at today for example. It's the first day of Flower and Garden at Epcot and I've seen videos on Twitter of people absolutely going insane for the merchandise. I feel bad for regular guests that wanted at least 1 bag but all of the resellers grabbed them all so that they can charge 3x the amount for them on eBay.

I've also seen videos of that candy cane situation during the holidays at Disneyland and I'm like, are you guys good???

Oh man, the resellers now - they are the worst! They are why I can't get certain items. Like, forget a popcorn bucket or tiki mug! I'll just never see them.

I go to the park regularly and personally don't experience that. Whenever something is new, whether it be the opening of MMRR or the first day of food booths, the lines are long. That doesn't mean that the lines are filled with vloggers. In fact, many times, the lines are shorter when something is first released and grow longer once an item goes viral (ex. chocolate chip cookies, cheesy garlic bread). Those are viewers, not vloggers.

For new merch releases like popcorn buckets or ears, it you look closely, many times the vloggers don't actually purchase the items. They video the display or include photos from other Disney social media posts.

There are people who collect popcorn buckets, ears, Loungeflys, Lorcana etc. Some purchase for personal collections. Others for re-sell. But, most of the time, the collectors aren't vloggers.

Vloggers do what they do because people like you are watching them. If the extreme videos catch your attention, they will keep posting.

For candy canes and Easter eggs, that demand is created by Disney. They make a limited number and only offer them for sale on certain days (similar to Nuttles). They have a system where you get in line early and are notified when to come back to pick up your item. The line is long but moves very quickly as they are just collecting contact numbers to tell you when to come back. Very few people in line are vloggers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter