Anyone bring a sleeping bag?

Hillbeans

I told them I like Michael Bolton
My 2 yo DS loves his sleeping bag, and jumps right in it at Daycare when naptime rolls around. I was debating bringing it along for mid-afternoon naps and possibly for nights if he doesn't sleep well in the hotel beds.

Has anyone else done this? I know it'll be a hassle to pack it, but it may be a good "security" feeling to help him sleep better. He loves sleeping on the floor, and would every night if I let him.

ok I know this is funny and maybe not really what you were expecting... I am an avid Mountaineer and the last few trips I have gone to WDW have been just weeks prior to some of my big climbs... So I took my sleeping bag to prepare myself to be constricted while I sleep, My sleeping back stuffs into a pocket sized compression sack so it didn't take up a lot of room. I think you'll be fine to throw it into your luggage especially if it will help him sleep!!!

I think that is a fantastic idea, a great way to give the hotel room a familiar feeling!

Thanks everyone. I definitely want to bring it, just not sure how to pack it....maybe i'll put it separate in a gym bag. It's not big, maybe 5 feet by 2 feet, but it's thick with the padding.

Practice at home and see if you can "suck it up." I do this when I mail childrens' hand-me-downs to my friend who moved out-of-state. Roll it up firmly and put it in a good-quality plastic bag, whatever size fits. Then get the vacuum cleaner and shove the nozzle down into the bag. It helps if you have another person to help. We kind of surround the nozzle with the bag. Turn on the vac and its amazing how teeny that package gets! Turn off the vac and carefully use a twisty to secure the bag. This methody works great when packing your own pillows, too, except you can't always find a vacuum cleaner to use before the trip home!

Colleen, wow, that sounds like a great idea. Do you think the security in the airport would open the bag for security reasons??? They'd get quite a surprise if it "popped" out and couldn't fit it back in.

We drive to WDW, but nowadays, ANYTHING can happen with security at airports... I just know this works great for car travel and mailing clothing. I got the idea from seeing those vacuum bags on TV... I would imagine that they could Xray your bag and when nothing shows up inside, NOT open it... But who knows? A friend of mine flew last year with her toddler and they pulled apart his carseat to examine. Right -- a Mom with a 2-year old is the mad bomber, huh? Yikes.

Try it and let us know if your bedding "explodes" in the airport! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter