Anyone bought used ecv from Walker or anyone else?

freemore

Mouseketeer
I think I read on this board that someone bought a used ecv from Walker a couple of years ago. Has anyone bought one from them or any used ecv and how did it work out? How much is a used ecv worth? We won't be renting a car this time so we won't be able to go over there I guess. Wonder if you could buy the one we rent if it turns out to be one we like? I guess these are questions I should ask Walker but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this. The ones we rented a couple of years ago where lots more comfortable than the ones we have in stores here where we live.
Thanks Freemore

I bought one from Walker when I moved to Florida in September 2003. I had been using them for a few years for rentals when I lived in Virginia.

At the time he charged me $1,200 for an ECV that had a new selling price (quotes from other dealers) of almost $3,000. When I picket it up they put brand new batteries in it.

Since then I have had a few minor problems with it. The first was after 14 months when the front tire cracked a sidewall and needed replacement. Since then I have had to replace the batteries (which was not unexpected) and needed the front wheel bearings replaced and one of the other tires replaced as it was going bald.

Walker is not in the business of retail sales and was willing to sell me the used ECV as I had done a lot of business with him in the past.

thanks cheshire, I think your story is what I remembered. Where do you get the new tires and batteries for your evc? And where do you take it for repair.........I can just see the look on my auto repair man's place as I drive my evc in for a repair : ) Freemore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter