Anyone booked Up Close with Rhinos?

patty57

DIS Veteran
I've looked for availability for Up Close with Rhinos every day, and haven't found any availability at all. I see spaces open for Wild Africa Trek, but not Rhinos.
Has anyone had any luck booking it?

Isn’t there a new baby rhino? Could that maybe be the reason it’s not showing up?

On my 60+ day I was able to book for a party of 2 on March 13. I'm really looking forward to it. I was planning on doing this tour in June of 2020, but that didn't happen.

I'm doing my research. Like many here I'm a bit obsessive about the planning. I grew concerned never seeing openings. Now it seems clear you have to book on 60 day window. We arrive May 2nd.
Hoping to do both the elephants and the rhinos.

I'm doing my research. Like many here I'm a bit obsessive about the planning. I grew concerned never seeing openings. Now it seems clear you have to book on 60 day window. We arrive May 2nd.
Hoping to do both the elephants and the rhinos.

Got it. I didn't understand from your post that you are still in research mode.

I posted on another thread that I was so happy to be able to book Savi's and Up Close with Rhinos at 5:30 a.m. eastern time on my 60+10 day. A more experienced DISer commented that the enchanting extras open at midnight.

Would love to do this in September... party of 6. Where/How do I book this tour? Do I call 407 939 7529 or online somewhere? Do I pay for it at booking or on tour day. Will using my Chase Visa card give me a discount? Any other tips for a successful booking would be greatly appreciated! We are early enough in our planning that I can change around park reservation days if needed for this.

Does anyone know what times this is offered? are there multiple options in one day or is it just once per day? The calendar has no available times on any date, since it sounds like it fills up quickly, but just curious on timing options.

Does anyone know what times this is offered? are there multiple options in one day or is it just once per day? The calendar has no available times on any date, since it sounds like it fills up quickly, but just curious on timing options.

Pretty sure it is once daily at 11:00.

Would love to do this in September... party of 6. Where/How do I book this tour? Do I call 407 939 7529 or online somewhere? Do I pay for it at booking or on tour day. Will using my Chase Visa card give me a discount? Any other tips for a successful booking would be greatly appreciated! We are early enough in our planning that I can change around park reservation days if needed for this.

Obviously something could change... but currently the tour opens for reservations just like restaurants at 60+10. You can book online. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was told "enchanting extras "drop as soon as date changes at midnight.... if that doesn't happen on your reservation day definitely check again at 5:30 a.m. (all WDW time)

ETA
Seems to book up quickly, so I would do it online and not wait for phone lines to open at 7:00.

Yes, you will be charged at time of booking. (I don't know about the chase cc discount possibility)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter