• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone book Alaska Disney excursions 2022 yet?

Just to update. We have booked the Yukon Rail & Bus tour through Chilkoot Charters. Now that Canada has updated their entry requirements there shouldn't be any issues with the White Pass Railroad or vehicles going to Canada and back for the day. I still have the Yukon Expedition booked through Disney, but will cancel it in May as long as everything appears to be going ahead as planned.

I was looking at doing this tour in our upcoming trip in May. How was it? What time did you choose? We were wanting the 730 time but worried about getting off the ship in time. Thanks!

I was looking at doing this tour in our upcoming trip in May. How was it? What time did you choose? We were wanting the 730 time but worried about getting off the ship in time. Thanks!

It was amazing! We highly recommend Chilkoot Charters. While we might have been disappointed at first to miss the train, and that might be operating this year, we thoroughly enjoyed our tour. Being able to stop, get out and move around was perfect to keep our kid's attention, the sights were amazing and our tour guide was informative and entertaining. The food at lunch was delicious and we got to explore the museum and play with the sled dog puppies there as part of the tour. We did stop at one kind of touristy stop with a totem pole, and a fabulous playground, which was just ok, but all of the other stops were fabulous! I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Chilkoot Charters!

welcometoalaskasign.jpegpuppies.jpegemerald lake.jpegcarcross dessert.jpegbearcub.jpeg286498903_10158269319171601_3335617380707512346_n.jpeg

Oh, as for time, we booked the 9:30am tour because we were nervous we wouldn't make it off the ship in time. This actually ended up working out perfectly. We were mostly nervous because we really wanted to be able to see a few things in town, including the National Park building so our kids could get their Junior Ranger pins. We had the choice to be dropped off in town or at the ship after the tour. We chose town and got something at a local market, visited the National Parks building & the kids earned their Junior Ranger pins and we saw a few other sights in town then walked back to the ship. Easy peasy!junior rangers.jpeg

Oh, as for time, we booked the 9:30am tour because we were nervous we wouldn't make it off the ship in time. This actually ended up working out perfectly. We were mostly nervous because we really wanted to be able to see a few things in town, including the National Park building so our kids could get their Junior Ranger pins. We had the choice to be dropped off in town or at the ship after the tour. We chose town and got something at a local market, visited the National Parks building & the kids earned their Junior Ranger pins and we saw a few other sights in town then walked back to the ship. Easy peasy!View attachment 733261

Thanks for the info, will probably end up going with them!

For anyone wanting to visit the Yukon while in Skagway but maybe doesn't want to go with train or bus, we rented an electric car after seeing a recommendation from someone else on the forum, through Klondike Electric Rentals. It was super easy to get to their location from port and the car had enough charge to get to and from Emerald Lake. We stopped at the Welcome To Alaska and Welcome to Yukon signs, Carcross Desert, Emerald Lake, Tutshi Sled Dog Tours, Yukon Suspension Bridge, we had lunch in... I can't remember the little town right now, it was overall a really amazing excursion and we beat the big buses everywhere we went. Also, really affordable. The owners told us they were in the process of getting a second electric car, hopefully by this season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter