Anyone been for Halloween? Is it good?!

Mrs S

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of squeezing in a trip in October this year. Does anyone know if the Halloween celebrations are on for the whole month? Also, what do they basically consist of?! I'd really appreciate any thoughts you have as to whether it is worth going for them. Thank you!

up until Halloween season 2011, it was fabulous orange-spattered fun at DLP in the main park, with extra shows, Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Parties, Frontierland transformed into Pumpkin land, extra stage shows, characters in costume etc etc etc and we loved it :love:.

However, last year it was all scaled back drastically, and this year there are no MNSSHPs at all through Halloween season, although I'm sure there will be some decoration, possibly on Main St only though (like last year).

Hi mrs s. we are in einburgh too. We went last October, here is the link to our trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2815434

We enjoyed it as we had never done Halloween before at dlp, there was some decorations and some extra characters dotted about. As Elaine said there is no mnsshp this year, which we enjoyed but that does mean staying into the weekend and I prefer dlp mid week.

We are going again mid October this year as from summer we are tied to school holidays, but it should still be relatively quiet.

Wendy x

Hello! :wave2:Thank you for your reply! I prefer midweek too and we're also tied to school holidays so we may even end up there at the same time if I give in to the temptation to book a trip!

Are the MNSSHPs just on at weekends then anyway?

Last year they were every Friday night in October I think.

See you in October then ;)

I'd really appreciate any thoughts you have as to whether it is worth going for them. Thank you!
We went for Halloween five years ago - really can't believe it was that long ago but it was, it was 2007 for the 15th celebrations! We thought it all great fun, especially the transformation of Frontierland into Halloweenland, and I think if we went now I'd be more than a bit sad that it was no more .....

We enjoyed it as we had never done Halloween before at dlp, there was some decorations and some extra characters dotted about.

..... however I think Wendy's hit it right on the nail here - for anyone who hasn't been for Halloween previously it will be a new experience and I'm sure you'll be delighted with it. :)

We did Halloween 2010, the last of the decorations. We did mid-week in Scottish school holidays, which I think is the week before the rest of the UK. It was nice and quiet and we had lovely weather too. It was a brilliant holiday, loved it all and would love to do that time again :thumbsup2

here's hoping with it being the 20th anniversary that they go to town with the halloween decs this year :thumbsup2

We went in October 2010 and had the best time, i actually think this is the best season to go, however we had MNSSHP and great weather.

we went for halloween last year. previously we have been in september and seen all the halloween decorations been put out so we deceided to go last year during the fesitval. WOW, the shows are fantasic and the atmosphere is great. we read that there weren't as many decorations as in previous years but we still really enjoyed it. the weekend however was so unbelievably busy. BTM was 120 minutes wait !! :scared1:

it's definatley worth going just to experience it.

Thanks for all the replies! You're all amazing. I'm now sooooo tempted to get a trip booked...just need to do some final number crunching and talk DH into it!:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter