Anyone at FW on Feb 2nd?

doubletrouble_vb

Inspired
Just wondering how it was there. That tornado touched down in that region...about halfway to Ocala from Disney World.

Fort Wilderness is fine. The tornadoes were all north of Disney.

I know that. I was hoping to find out how it was camping there with that weather system passing through. I figure even tho' there were no tornados in the area there were probably severe storms.

We (hubby and 3yr old) were up in the Disney area today and it was a little chilly for this Floridian, but mostly just overcast and spits of rain. It wasn't anything special. If we were actually planning on going to the parks, I certainly would not have canceled it. We thought about going to MK for the afternoon, but the 3yr old came down with an ear infection, so we rushed back home. I hope this helps...:thumbsup2

My cousin and I were tent camping that night/early morning. I just have one word - monsoon. That's what it seemed like. We were one of the only ones without a vehicle there, and were ready to head to the comfort station if it got any worse.
It didn't though. Just lots of rain (very happy we decided to put a huge tarp, and some gusts. Stayed till Sunday and it rained almost everynight (the other nights were better as it was more of a relaxing type of rain), and got cool on Saturday night.
Good experience overall.:thumbsup2

We were also there Feb. 2nd at FW in the cabins. We definetly heard the thunderstorms and hard rain but had no idea about the tornados until the next morning while watching the news. We were saddend to see and hear about the communities hit by the tornados. FW is totally fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter