Anyone always having trouble with the MDE app?

tgbanks3

Mouseketeer
It will never connect for me. I try to look at my plans and get nothing but a spinning circle. I use an Android phone. Not sure if that is the problem. But this trip is going to suck if I can't even look for FP+ or make changes while on the fly.

I think the better question here is: Is anyone NOT constantly having problem with the MDE app, AND website? You can try force stopping the app, and restarting it. You can also try restarting the phone. From time to time either of these strategies will get the app working again, but neither is a guarantee. I have had the app refuse to connect and show my plans for weeks, and sometimes even months on end. On the website, most of the time the only way I can get connected is through an incognito window in Chrome.

Sometimes it works great, other times not. It's hard to say, and everyone has different experiences with it. Personally, it's better for me now than it used to be since updates, but it's still not perfect. A lot of people, myself included, go to the actual MDE portion of the Disney website on our phones' internet browser. It's the exact same thing, except you're going through the website as opposed to an app. A lot of us have found that to work better. There are also FP kiosks to use in the park to make FP changes. That's not ideal of course, but it is an option. Don't stress too much over it. The app being down will only ruin your vacation if you let it.

I was wondering if the mobile site was maybe a little more dependable than the app, thanks for sharing that information.

Sometimes it works great, other times not. It's hard to say, and everyone has different experiences with it. Personally, it's better for me now than it used to be since updates, but it's still not perfect. A lot of people, myself included, go to the actual MDE portion of the Disney website on our phones' internet browser. It's the exact same thing, except you're going through the website as opposed to an app. A lot of us have found that to work better. There are also FP kiosks to use in the park to make FP changes. That's not ideal of course, but it is an option. Don't stress too much over it. The app being down will only ruin your vacation if you let it.

One thing I have found that helps, when I get stuck with the spinning wheel, sign out. It gets stuck in a signed in but not signed in loop. For whatever reason it thinks I'm signed in but doesn't recognize the sign in so it gets stuck in a loop. So I manually sign out. Then sign back in and almost every time that fixes it

Just to be clear, it's not the same exact thing. There are some things the app can do the website can't, and viceversa
Main ones
You can't mobile order on the website
You can't find ADR for some dining packages on the app

Normally I don’t have problems with the app, but the last couple of updates have been straight garbage. I can’t do anything with dining on it, booking OR canceling, and have to use the website.

It will never connect for me. I try to look at my plans and get nothing but a spinning circle. I use an Android phone. Not sure if that is the problem. But this trip is going to suck if I can't even look for FP+ or make changes while on the fly.

I had an iPhone 6 a month ago and it took 7 tries on average to open the app, then it was a crap shoot what would work from there. Just got an iPhone X and the app works perfectly. It has to do with your phones processing power, MDE is a complex app and doesn’t work well with older phones.

One thing I have found that helps, when I get stuck with the spinning wheel, sign out. It gets stuck in a signed in but not signed in loop. For whatever reason it thinks I'm signed in but doesn't recognize the sign in so it gets stuck in a loop. So I manually sign out. Then sign back in and almost every time that fixes it

Just to be clear, it's not the same exact thing. There are some things the app can do the website can't, and viceversa
Main ones
You can't mobile order on the website
You can't find ADR for some dining packages on the app

Yes, sorry, you are correct. They are technically different. But in regards to the FP+, they're the same thing and work the exact same, which is what the TC is interested in. But it is worth nothing the differences. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter