Anyone add DP to a room only Res as AP holders ?

pandora174

DIS Veteran
I have a question and if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated. I am planning a Jan 2013 trip for DH b-day. We want to stay at AoA but I am debating the DP.

We are AP holders so we can add the DP for the 20 % as we are doing for our upcoming Aug trip. But when I did this for Aug the reservation turned into a package.

I want the flexibility of leaving it as a room only reservation so if we don't want the DP we can pay for the room when we arrive. But if we do want to add the DP can I do so say 2 weeks before our reservations & pay in full then ? That way I am not subject to the package cancellation policy & pay 45 days before ? I just want a little more flexibility on this trip.

Anyone have any experience in having a room only and then shortly before the trip to add the DP ?

:surfweb: Thanks !

You cannot convert a room only to a package, it must be cancelled and re-booked. I do not think that changes at all for an AP ticketless package with dining, but no personal experience.

If you did change to / book an AP ticketless package with dining less than 45 days out from your trip, you would have to pay in full for the whole package at the time of booking, and it would have all the same cancellation penalties / windows as any other package.

I have added the DDP to an AP room reservation but it does become a package. I did this a week before my trip. I do believe that they had to cancel my room only and make it a package reservation, (I was on the phone for a very long time, on hold alot.) When the reservation was complete, I had to pay in full. My room only was returned to my card and I paid the new package price.

The room maintained the AP discount but the DDP is at full price. (not sure what you meant by the DP for the 20%)

The room maintained the AP discount but the DDP is at full price. (not sure what you meant by the DP for the 20%)[/QUOTE]

When I called Disney the CM told me I would be getting 20 % the DDP for being an AP holder :confused3

When I called Disney the CM told me I would be getting 20 % the DDP for being an AP holder :confused3

Untrue. There is no 20% off the DDP for AP holders. Or anyone else. When you book the AP ticketless package, you will get the AP rate for your room and pay full price for the dining package. Sorry that you were misinformed.

Hi, just my two cents here, since we are AP holders as well. You might want to try looking at Tables in Wonderland vs doing the dining plan w the AP. There is some good info on it on Mouse Savers website and if you drink ( adult drinks:faint:)sometimes the discount could be a better savings. I am trying to price out out with my ADRs I am making for our Halloween trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter