Anyone accepted yet?

chrischins01 said:
When did everyone have their phone interviews?!

Mine was on the 10th, but my first choice is spring advantage and they haven't sent any out yet :/ bummer....still waiting nervously

It's so mean to make Spring Advantage people wait. Seems like a lot of emails have gone out regarding various Spring roles so maybe tomorrow will be our day.

I had my interview on the 9th.

Congrats on all accepted!!! :D I know for a FACT that my college program experience is what landed me my current role with the company!!!

Some word's of wisdom if you are planning on staying with the company!

Work hard!!!--> If you plan on staying with this company take this internship seriously! 8/10 people you will meet started their Disney Career with the College Program. You have to start somewhere.

Play hard!!!----> But don't call in!!! Have FUN! Knowing about the opportunities we offer will get you far in this company!!!

Make friend's with your managers!!!---> Seriously this is a huge but SMALL company!!! Everyone at one point has worked with someone that can help you get where you want to go or give you pointers to do so!

Don't give up!!!---> I did three college programs before I even got an interview for a position I wanted. This is HARD work! You might be working 50-60 hours, you will have to budget your money and we are on the bottom of the rankings! You will be tired, you will miss your family/friends. But this is the time to meet everyone you can!This will teach you ALOT about yourself.

Talk to your managers---> Let your leaders know that you are applying for positions (4-5 weeks before your program ends). Ask them for advice about networking, interviews and ask how they moved to where they are!!!

Good luck and HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

:sad: This isn't fair! I want to have my interview now! It's tomorrow and then who knows what will happen?:faint::confused3

I got the email this afternoon at 4:30. Accepted for Spring Advantage for my first choice - Hospitality!

So exciting!!

Interviewed on 9/12 accepted 9/19 for recreation! (#1 choice tied with hospitality)

I'm an alum so if anyone has any questions feel free to pm me!

Congrats on all accepted!!! :D I know for a FACT that my college program experience is what landed me my current role with the company!!!

Some word's of wisdom if you are planning on staying with the company!

Work hard!!!--> If you plan on staying with this company take this internship seriously! 8/10 people you will meet started their Disney Career with the College Program. You have to start somewhere.

Play hard!!!----> But don't call in!!! Have FUN! Knowing about the opportunities we offer will get you far in this company!!!

Make friend's with your managers!!!---> Seriously this is a huge but SMALL company!!! Everyone at one point has worked with someone that can help you get where you want to go or give you pointers to do so!

Don't give up!!!---> I did three college programs before I even got an interview for a position I wanted. This is HARD work! You might be working 50-60 hours, you will have to budget your money and we are on the bottom of the rankings! You will be tired, you will miss your family/friends. But this is the time to meet everyone you can!This will teach you ALOT about yourself.

Talk to your managers---> Let your leaders know that you are applying for positions (4-5 weeks before your program ends). Ask them for advice about networking, interviews and ask how they moved to where they are!!!

Good luck and HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

I couldn't have said that better myself! :thumbsup2

Did I just miss my call? I got a call from a number I don't know. I got worried but I didn't answer it. I'm not scheduled until 8:15 tonight so there's no way I could've missed it right? There's no voice mail either? Am I just being paranoid right now? Oye vey.:confused3:crazy2::faint:

The number will most likely show up as "Unkown" or "Restricted" when they call you. Mine said "Restricted." If you miss the call, they will leave you a voice mail saying that they will call back in a couple of minutes. The second call is your last chance, though, so make sure you answer it! They won't call more than 15-20 minutes early (supposed to be 15, but someone on the facebook a while back claimed they called like 17 or 18 minutes early). When they called me, it was 18 minutes late and I had just picked up my phone to double check I hadn't somehow missed it, and just as I pressed the button to turn on the screen, she called and I accidentally hung up on her. But she called back in about 3-4 minutes and all was well again. Obviously it didn't hurt me in the long run because I just got my acceptance!! :D

Good luck, though, and don't worry too much. You'll do fine.

The number will most likely show up as "Unkown" or "Restricted" when they call you. Mine said "Restricted." If you miss the call, they will leave you a voice mail saying that they will call back in a couple of minutes. The second call is your last chance, though, so make sure you answer it! They won't call more than 15-20 minutes early (supposed to be 15, but someone on the facebook a while back claimed they called like 17 or 18 minutes early). When they called me, it was 18 minutes late and I had just picked up my phone to double check I hadn't somehow missed it, and just as I pressed the button to turn on the screen, she called and I accidentally hung up on her. But she called back in about 3-4 minutes and all was well again. Obviously it didn't hurt me in the long run because I just got my acceptance!! :D

Good luck, though, and don't worry too much. You'll do fine.

My cell phone doesn't say unknown or restricted. It just comes up the number. So I'll just answer it when it rings at 8:15.

I got the email this afternoon at 4:30. Accepted for Spring Advantage for my first choice - Hospitality!

So exciting!!

Congrats!!! I know you were worried as well, like I was, because of our interviews! I got in as well for my first choice, Vacation Planner Spring Advantage!

Did you pick your arrival date yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter