Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

Also back from a week there. Stayed on 4th floor with a refreshed room. No construction in sight on any floor. I spoke to a CM at the concierge desk and stated further progress has been delayed but didn't offer any additional information. Housekeeping also said that things were halted and no work is being done on floors 3-1 currently.

I will say that the refresh is pretty unnoticeable except for the murphy bed and maybe the Donald curtains in the 1 bedroom. The rest of the soft surfaces were reupholstered but if you haven't stayed there often you may not have noticed. Our room had some issues/finishings that needed to be addressed. We let engineering know and they arranged a time to fix while we were at he park (door handles not attached/loose vent covers/broken drawer hinges/ broken patio lock) They were all minor things that I assume weren't tightened up after painting.

Overall we had a great stay and the murphy bed is a HUGE improvement over the sofa bed (both of my kids agreed) but after seeing it in person I wish they would have done a bit more to make a bigger impact.

Checked in today. I had a one night reservation in a studio, followed by 3 nights in a 1 bedroom (I arrived alone today, and family joining me tomorrow). I was originally assigned a 2nd floor room despite having asked member services via chat to request a 4th/5th floor. The kind CM at the front desk called housekeeping or room assignment and asked if a 4th/5th floor room was available instead, and lucky me! They moved me to a 4th floor 1 bedroom for the entire stay. I think this is the first time I’ve gotten an upgrade at WDW, but it makes sense since I had a one night stay with more nights in a higher category already booked. I count this as birthday pixie dust since my birthday will be during my stay! Very pleased with the fresh-feeling room, the Murphy bed will be much more comfortable for my son to sleep on, and I don’t have to deal with the hassle of checking out and checking back in tomorrow :)

What’s interesting is why they added the TV pullout at the 1BRs at SSR and BRV but not at BCV?
I believe it's a space issue. The way the room is laid out, you probably wouldn't be able to have the queen murphy bed down, a twin murphy bed down, and that big coffee table. I'm not sure there's room to move that coffee table out of the way either when everything is pulled down. When 5 of us stayed in a 1BR last year, we had to put the air mattress along the breakfast bar lengthwise for it to fit with the sofa bed pulled out. I wish they could have made it work.

I believe it's a space issue. The way the room is laid out, you probably wouldn't be able to have the queen murphy bed down, a twin murphy bed down, and that big coffee table. I'm not sure there's room to move that coffee table out of the way either when everything is pulled down. When 5 of us stayed in a 1BR last year, we had to put the air mattress along the breakfast bar lengthwise for it to fit with the sofa bed pulled out. I wish they could have made it work.
But I thought all the 2042 resorts had the same layout

But I thought all the 2042 resorts had the same layout
BCV and BWV have similar layouts but are slightly different I believe (lock off door placement is different in BWV and IIRC prevents a twin murphy regardless of space). I haven't stayed at BRV but I know it always only slept 4 (no ability to have 5 on the reservation even if bringing own bedding). A quick look at the floor plan and square footage shows that it's very close to BCV, are they putting twin Murphy beds in the BRV 1BRs?

I thought they did but some could not because of angled ceilings
No, BRV does not have the single in the 1BR's. The murphy bed going in most rooms now is the replacement for the sofa sleeper. Of the resorts with that room layout only SSR 1BR's have the single murphy bed under the TV. The connecting doors in the lockoffs at SSR are in the entry way unlike BRV and BWV where it's in the living area. BCV connecting is in the entry way too but I think that's a decision on occupancy and they already have the extra in the studios.

We could get into the complications of dedicated studios, 1BR's and/or 2BR's at BRV, BWV and BCV that could accommodate the single murphy bed in 1 and/or 2BR's but lets not go there. :faint:

I can confirm that the refurb is on hold for floors 3 through 1. We started in a second floor unit but were moved to a fourth floor unit last night for a maintenance issue with our room (which was a little annoying, since I had requested fourth or fifth floor 11 months out, as well as when we received our room assignment). There is absolutely no indication of work being prepped or done on the three remaining lower floors, unfortunately. It seems that PP got fairly believable information regarding the pause.

I can confirm that the refurb is on hold for floors 3 through 1. We started in a second floor unit but were moved to a fourth floor unit last night for a maintenance issue with our room (which was a little annoying, since I had requested fourth or fifth floor 11 months out, as well as when we received our room assignment). There is absolutely no indication of work being prepped or done on the three remaining lower floors, unfortunately. It seems that PP got fairly believable information regarding the pause.
Bummer!!

They were doing sthg in the round foyer with the table and booth seating leading to the DVC pool this am when I finished my swim around 8. They had everything pulled out and it looks like paint buckets for a refresh (?). No activity on the actual villas themselves.

Packing up and noticed that someone ordered the wrong size shades for the ridiculously shallow “dresser/bed”.

I saw right away last Sat that both lamp shades were crooked but only now realized that they were placed like that on purpose to centre them.

B3BB0CE1-FDA3-493C-B5CD-42CE5954C869.jpegFE8EE9B8-342E-4C90-9104-E0C8B6AE8967.jpeg Unless they were always like this and I just never noticed. Not sure if they were replaced during the refresh - I’m on the 4th floor.

Packing up and noticed that someone ordered the wrong size shades for the ridiculously shallow “dresser/bed”.

I saw right away last Sat that both lamp shades were crooked but only now realized that they were placed like that on purpose to centre them.

View attachment 747265View attachment 747266 Unless they were always like this and I just never noticed. Not sure if they were replaced during the refresh - I’m on the 4th floor.
Those look similar but a little different from what was there before. Yes, they might have been replaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter