Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

No but they could be hung up on supplies, materials or labor. We shall see. I sure hope its not delayed. Only time will tell.
the supplies/materials could very well be it..... Know somebody that has been waiting 5 months now for matching dishwasher to their other appliances.

If like SSR, and no reason to think they are different, they are going with very sturdy cushions to sit on. When we moved from SSR to a non-refurbished room at BCV we were shocked how much more comfortable and cushy the sofa sleeper couch was.
The same was true when we moved from Poly to non-refurbished room at BCV.

Our takeaways were 3 positives and one negative with the new murphy beds.

+ Mattress Comfort, No need to find a place to put the cushions out of the way, Easy to swap between couch and bed.
- Comfort of the seating surface when used as a couch. Not bad just not as comfy.

the supplies/materials could very well be it..... Know somebody that has been waiting 5 months now for matching dishwasher to their other appliances.
The only issue I have with the supply chain argument, is that even if the materials for the 4th floor are delayed, there should have been materials in the pipeline headed to BCV to meet the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st floor schedules, given the amount of work being performed per floor, and the generally assumed construction schedule. Long lead time items for the remaining floors should have been on their way even before work was started on the 5th floor. Construction materials typically fall into one of two categories: in-stock (or off-the-shelf) items, and MTO (made to order, or 'bespoke") items. We should assume that most of the materials Disney uses are MTO, at least as far as the soft goods/textiles are concerned and those take months to design and manufacture/print/loom, but it's a soft goods refurb only so we're not talking about complete suites of furniture, "just" the Murphy beds. Once you run an order, you keep running it until it's done.

At most, you would expect that things should only be delayed a few weeks. If a key supplier managed to only ship enough material to complete +/- 1/5 of the project and everything else is months out, there's no way Disney didn't know long ago, and that's a HUGE issue and I'd bet dollars to donuts that someone is heading deep into liquidated damages.

We are checking into a 4th floor 1-Bedroom tonight. So we should know in a few hours if the 4th floor is completed or delayed. I promise to do some sleuthing for everyone this weekend!
YES! Thank you! Please give any/all updates you have and photos of a 1bedroom!

I am assuming you got your room number to see you are on 4th floor!

Also, if you notice any other floors go down while you are there, let us know :)

Warning: Laundry Room on 4th floor is closed due to the refurbishment. Instead they supposedly made one of the laundry rooms free. It’s the one that’s indoors with only 2 washers and not the one at the pool. Unfortunately, I went to the one at the pool.

I got an unrefurbished studio on the first floor, so they’re still on the upper floors (no surprise).

The only issue I have with the supply chain argument, is that even if the materials for the 4th floor are delayed, there should have been materials in the pipeline headed to BCV to meet the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st floor schedules, given the amount of work being performed per floor, and the generally assumed construction schedule. Long lead time items for the remaining floors should have been on their way even before work was started on the 5th floor. Construction materials typically fall into one of two categories: in-stock (or off-the-shelf) items, and MTO (made to order, or 'bespoke") items. We should assume that most of the materials Disney uses are MTO, at least as far as the soft goods/textiles are concerned and those take months to design and manufacture/print/loom, but it's a soft goods refurb only so we're not talking about complete suites of furniture, "just" the Murphy beds. Once you run an order, you keep running it until it's done.

At most, you would expect that things should only be delayed a few weeks. If a key supplier managed to only ship enough material to complete +/- 1/5 of the project and everything else is months out, there's no way Disney didn't know long ago, and that's a HUGE issue and I'd bet dollars to donuts that someone is heading deep into liquidated damages.
some things like businesses going out of business overnight happen. I have paper coming from Finland for my company and it isn't moving at all because of the transport strike. Ship, rail and truck transport all stopped due to strike. Things happen.

some things like businesses going out of business overnight happen. I have paper coming from Finland for my company and it isn't moving at all because of the transport strike. Ship, rail and truck transport all stopped due to strike. Things happen.
I'm just going off nearly 40 years in construction as a general contractor and project manager.

No but they could be hung up on supplies, materials or labor. We shall see. I sure hope its not delayed. Only time will tell.
Good News! I think we can finally put this on the list of dont believe things we read on the internet! The original post that started this speculation by "Carl Wong" saying the 4th floor wasnt opening because of issues is clearly wrong as we now have people staying on said floor! Im not worried about an entire floor not going offline yet beacuse we dont know whats going on in individual rooms. This isnt a refurbishment where they woud have to take entire floors offline (until they are replacing the carpet which would be the final step).

Can confirm, our 4th floor 1BR is refurbished! All new carpet in the 4th floor hallways too. Will take and post photos in the morning.
Hey there. Look forward to your photos - especially of the Murphy bed in the 1BR - curious if it has the side chaise similar to BRV. Would like to see if 3 kids could sleep in it in a pinch.

Thanks! Enjoy! We are there in a 1BR March 3-6 before moving to 2BR BRV. Have requested 5th floor - but wonder if "refurbished" would be a better request if 4th floor has some available.

I will take the word of people actually staying at the resort over these people speculating and acting like they know... Someone just commented the 4th floor is open and fully refurbished, so those saying its delayed are just wrong
Kinda what I expected, to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter