• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody seen DUNE?

We watched it. It appears to be a movie aimed at folks who read the book a few times. I haven't, so it was a challenge.
Yeah, I can't imagine watching it without at least understanding the nature of some of the characters. It's incredibly complex.

We saw it last night. I'm not sure my husband had watched the 1984 film or the 2000 miniseries or Children of Dune. I had grown up watching the 2000 miniseries and the 2003 Children of Dune miniseries and had only seen parts of the 1984 film.

We liked it. To me it didn't feel slow, it was a film for world-building, but it paced well enough for me. For such a long movie it could have felt like "when is this going to end" but I didn't feel that way.

I loved the music and had already downloaded from Spotify a few of the singles that had been released back in September. The sounds were loud throughout the film that is for sure.

While we could have watched it for free with HBO Max I had wanted to see it in theaters at least the first time around because I knew the experience would be better that way with the sound.

The visual effects were awesome.

Should be October 2023 tentatively when Part 2 comes out though guess we'll see on that.

I put off seeing it because I love the book and (guilty pleasure) the 80s movie both. Was afraid. Am now reminding myself:
"I must not fear."
LOL

Saw it at our local theater and thought it was great. Never once did I lose attention or wonder when it was going to end. To those saying they had issues with quiet dialog and loud effects, was that on HBO Max or in the theater? We have that issue in general with HBO Max on our Roku (much more than the other Apps), but I didn’t notice an issue in the theater.

Saw it at our local theater and thought it was great. Never once did I lose attention or wonder when it was going to end. To those saying they had issues with quiet dialog and loud effects, was that on HBO Max or in the theater? We have that issue in general with HBO Max on our Roku (much more than the other Apps), but I didn’t notice an issue in the theater.
HBO Max...it wasn't the volume or sound mixing. The actors were literally Whispering their kines.

I saw it in the theatre this past weekend and loved it. I actually knew nothing about it but my son wanted to see it so I went along. I think it is definitely one of those films that is best for the big screen. I didn't notice any volume issues.

HBO Max...it wasn't the volume or sound mixing. The actors were literally Whispering their kines.

Same for me. I had the volume up high enough that the background noise was unpleasantly loud, but I couldn't hear all the whispering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter