Anybody remember WDW in the 1970s?

I remember the circle vision film and the Eastern Airlines "If You Could Fly" in Tomorrow Land. I remember riding "If You Could Fly" over and over again, because it didn't require a ticket and there was no line. Loved that ride! :)

I am having a serious brain fart. There was a show where Stitch is now. You sat in a circle around the screen that was in the center. The seats moved kind of like the massage chairs. Anybody remember the name? I remember going over to Discovery Island from River Country. And the strollers were blue/turquiose color and they reclined. Good memories.:goodvibes

I'm trying to remember a shop that was on Main Street around 1978. They had lots of really high quality masks. My father bought a Frankenstein mask there and used it every year until his death in 2005!! Now we use it as a Halloween decoration!
My older sister remembers the store also had magic tricks and other oddities.

Anybody know the name of the shop?

I remember seeing topiaries outside the MK, like on the road there or something!

I also remember River Country, and I remember Fort Wilderness being a lot more rugged than it is now.

Yes there were some on the road toward CR. There was a pullout to take pictures as well. I have pictures of my 2 in the very early 80s.

I am having a serious brain fart. There was a show where Stitch is now. You sat in a circle around the screen that was in the center. The seats moved kind of like the massage chairs. Anybody remember the name? I remember going over to Discovery Island from River Country. And the strollers were blue/turquiose color and they reclined. Good memories.:goodvibes

There was a mission to the Moon, and then Mars from what I recall.

I'm trying to remember a shop that was on Main Street around 1978. They had lots of really high quality masks. My father bought a Frankenstein mask there and used it every year until his death in 2005!! Now we use it as a Halloween decoration!
My older sister remembers the store also had magic tricks and other oddities.

Anybody know the name of the shop?

There was a Magic Shop as well as the street on the left! That's where the barbershop used to be along with flower carts. Back in 1976 I took a picture of it and in the early 1980s painted a watercolor of it that hangs on my living room wall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter