• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody NOT calling ahead for DAS

I did try to get the advance registration done my first trip that it was an option. I lost 3+ days of my life, and never got through. I pretty much decided I’d never need to do that again. Maybe I’ll change my mind later, but I doubt it. Advance planning tends not to work the best for me and my needs anyway, so why stress?!

I can say that our November experience was hellish (terribly long wait and rude Cast Member that left my daughter in tears); but this most recent experience about 2 weeks ago was much better. Less than 15 minute wait; great Cast Member, and easy time booking advance attractions. I will say that there wasn't an ability to request certain times; we just told the Cast Member basic information (like our flight arrival/departure times for those days; as well as ADR's) and they gave us the times. In any event - first experience was a D-; this time a B.

I did mine last week, I logged on at around 8:40 am est so definitely not first thing and waited around an hour to be connected. Had the video call which was about 5 mins and that was mostly explaining recent changes. Then connected to make my selections, that part took a while. So the whole thing prob took 2 hours. Maybe if I tried as soon as they opened it would have been less but still worth it to have some rides booked. .

We just show up at Guest Services in the first park we enter. We have never waited more than 5 minutes. And in all three cases the nice CM booked our two reserved attractions on the spot.

DAS is a godsend.

We just show up at Guest Services in the first park we enter. We have never waited more than 5 minutes. And in all three cases the nice CM booked our two reserved attractions on the spot.

DAS is a godsend.

They give you the two advanced bookings despite the fact that you didn't register in via video in advance? Is that at Disneyland or Disney World?

DAS is a godsend.
Was that since mid October when the new process rolled out?
I have heard of Guest Relations scheduling the first DAS Return Time when registering for DAS in the parks (we’ve been given one). I haven’t heard of more

Was that since mid October when the new process rolled out?
I have heard of Guest Relations scheduling the first DAS Return Time when registering for DAS in the parks (we’ve been given one). I haven’t heard of more
Yes, it was in November, early December, and mid-January. At WDW. We didn’t request it, but the CMs in Guest Relations offered it each time.

Maybe we just look elderly and pathetic!

From the stories we heard and read on here we decided it would be too hard to try to do it online for our son. Worked out well that our first day after coming from airport was at AK where Guest Services had almost no wait. The major disadvantage is that we couldn’t get the 2 DAS advance times for our first or second days but they did arrange 2 per day for the the rest of the days for us.

From the stories we heard and read on here we decided it would be too hard to try to do it online for our son. Worked out well that our first day after coming from airport was at AK where Guest Services had almost no wait. The major disadvantage is that we couldn’t get the 2 DAS advance times for our first or second days but they did arrange 2 per day for the the rest of the days for us.
I also did this on my first trip (after trying unsuccessfully ahead of time). I was able to schedule 2/day in person with GS starting with my 3rd day for the trip and going to the end (=a whole week of advance selections). But as I mentioned above, planning ahead really doesn’t work well for me right now, and I was never able to use a single one🙄 & then I felt bad that I had gotten them. :sad2: So, on our next trip, I just used the regular DAS. 🙂

I spent all day watching the chat like a hawk. Somehow I would become disconnected without knowing. So twice I saw the warning that I was disconnected and logged back in and saw messages that they thought I wasn’t there so they left the call. UGH!
Raise your hand if you refuse to play this game and are waiting until you get there?

Raising my hand, too! We are going this October to WDW with good friends, one of whom uses DAS at Disneyland. He’s very frustrated with the long online waits to do the video chat thing so he’s going to skip it altogether and sign up for DAS when we get there in person just like the “old days.” 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter