Anybody have any ideas as to when Splash will close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I know it hasn’t been announced so nobody really knows, but when do you guys think Splash Mountain will close at Disneyland and Disney World? I’m thinking it’ll be a while because they’ve had to delay other things. For now, it’s looking like I could go to WDW in April and August 2021 and Disneyland in September 2021 and I’m hoping Splash Mountain will still be open then. But what are your predictions?

I read one piece somewhere that suggested that the official announcement about the referb wasn't even going to occur until the next D23 but the current political climate pushed it forward.....

that said with everything I'd suspect that unless politics once more push it ahead of other prior announced projects it will most likely not close until 2021/2022 at earliest

I read one piece somewhere that suggested that the official announcement about the referb wasn't even going to occur until the next D23 but the current political climate pushed it forward.....

that said with everything I'd suspect that unless politics once more push it ahead of other prior announced projects it will most likely not close until 2021/2022 at earliest
Disney typically doesn’t plan their D23 announcements this far out because things can change daily even in a non-Covid climate.

It's pretty apparent that Disney will be pumping the brakes on everything until things start to normalize and turn a significant profit. They are still designing the attraction, probably will finish that next summer where they can reassess the actual development.

Gut says Splash Mountain is up through 2022 and the refurb starts in January 2023.

This is interesting. Splash is currently down but they also seem to have drained some of it?

They might be working on the holding tank backstage. They sometimes have to raise or lower the water level in that holding tank if something falls in or gets stuck. It’s one of the rides you get to see backstage when you go on one of the tours.

DLR will definitely change, and probably, like others have said, start within the next year, year and a half. Might not even reopen with Disneyland when they reopen. WDW I think prematurely announced theirs because they very likely cannot close it until the 50th celebration is over in the summer of 2022. A lot can, and will happen between now and then. I’m not 100% convinced WDW’s version will change when it comes down to it.

This is interesting. Splash is currently down but they also seem to have drained some of it?

DFB guy goes to the parks enough that he would know that this happens all the time; he’s being sensationalist. It happened when I was there last fall on 2 consecutive days. Sometimes when they need to drain it’s only closed for a couple hours.

Jim Hill said 2024ish for Disneyland and later than that for WDW, and probably will take a year. So DLR could close as early as 2023 and WDW maybe 2024. He’s the closest thing to inside info we have on this one. That would fit reasonably well with the length of time a massive rebuild/redo takes to plan.

Jim Hill said 2024ish for Disneyland and later than that for WDW, and probably will take a year. So DLR could close as early as 2023 and WDW maybe 2024. He’s the closest thing to inside info we have on this one. That would fit reasonably well with the length of time a massive rebuild/redo takes to plan.

I could see that as reasonable and also the likelihood it never happens. This thing wasnt far along in the process when it was announced. Disney wanted a good PR pump and nothing more...which is odd bc they werent getting negative press before this. But that being said, nothing screams moral high ground like pumping out merch for the attraction in question for the next few years!

DLR will definitely change, and probably, like others have said, start within the next year, year and a half. Might not even reopen with Disneyland when they reopen. WDW I think prematurely announced theirs because they very likely cannot close it until the 50th celebration is over in the summer of 2022. A lot can, and will happen between now and then. I’m not 100% convinced WDW’s version will change when it comes down to it.

I would actually prefer it if DL's got changed and WDW's stayed the same or was changed to something different. I like having variations between the parks - gives me extra reasons to go to both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter