Anybody got a yummy seafood chowder recipe?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I love the soup I get in diners, etc on Fridays (like an orangey colored creamy soup with crabmeat in it). I have made similar soup with heavy cream and imitation crabmeat, and a milky type broth. I just bought a can of minced clams and two cans of pink crabmeat (I usually use imitation, though). Can anyone give me their favorite seafood chowder recipe? I think I have a pkg of baby salad shrimp in the freezer as well. Should I not put the minced clams in?
Thanks!

but I like the bellies and all in mine......I also buy a pound or so of chowder mixture (fish) and also bay scallops.....I love it.....I can eat it with a fork but I use a spoon so I can get it all.......I think I need to make one soon
Remember the orange creamy color can come from the crab or lobster shells or a little bit of paparika to color it up

saute some chopped up fine onions in veggie oil
put in three chopped up potatoes if you like diced
potatoes in it....ground pepper and garlic powder
put a wee bit of water and let it simmer until the
potatoes are still with a little snap to it...
at that point...I add the fish that is cut up in cubes
and let it simmer until the fish start to take on an
opaque color......
then I add four dollops of butter or margarine.....
pepper.....then I add warmed up already milk.....WHOLE
milk only......after you can add two or so cans of whole clams....
and canned or regular shrimp......saute bay scallops too if you
would like......add more margarine and milk so it covers it good.simmer until it is pipping hot......
eat with a tossed salad and some french bread and you have a meal .......love it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter