Anybody fly Sunwing from Toronto to Orlando

Okay so this is how my flights with Sunwing went. First trip to Orlando was fine, way too early in the morning but a perfectly good flight and service. Would fly again but not so early and the carryon allowance is pretty slim and hard to book seats when you have to leave your home at the same time. Flight home was pretty awful, it is operated under Flight Service and Sunwing and it had a stop in Fort Lauderdale. Long flight home. The landing in Fort Lauderdale was the worst I have ever experienced so it made us pretty nervous for the rest of the flight and we dreaded the landing. It was better in T.O. Would I fly them again, yes but only if it was a lot cheaper than Westjet and had a better schedule.

Kind of sucks, having a stop in FLL. That added, what, 2 hours to your travel time? Were you allowed to get off the plane and stretch at least?

No, you had to stay in your seat while about 21 people disembarked and then wait while 100 people boarded the plane and the rearranging of seats as people had moved around. So all in all it was a five hour flight. Oh and the best part they arrived in T.O early but did not have a deboarding tunnel booked for that time so we had to wait half an hour. So people were not able to go to the washroom either. Pearson does not have enough washrooms in the departure area for a plane load of people who all need it at the same time. Next trip will be Westjet or Porter.

I've only done something like this once before. Waaaaay back when I was a kid (probably mid-80s) we went to Hong Kong on Singapore Air, and first we had a YYZ-YVR flight, then Hong Kong with a stop in Toyko. People were allowed to get off and stretch in Tokyo, but the majority stayed on board.

And there was another time when I went to Vancouver on Canadian, and I was one of maybe 5 people that actually got off. Everyone else was headed to HK. So sort of the opposite of the other scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter