Anybody eat at Emeril's for Dessert only

BelleRN

Earning My Ears
Please don't flame me if this horse has been beat to death, but is it ok to go for Dessert only?

I don't think my kids would get the $$$$$$ out of dinner. But the desserts sound great.

I promise to tip generously!

What do you think?

Belle RN

Don't know the answer to your question, but I CAN say the banana cream pie is to die for!!!! It would be worth just going for that dessert!!!!

And then please let us know what you find out . . . sounds like maybe I'd like to go for dessert, too.

We were told it was not usually done, but if we wanted to we could sit in an area to the left of the door and have dessert only. I guess the main dining area is for guest wanting to have a full meal as they would not want to tie up many tables for folks taking up much time just having dessert. That was a while back so things may have changed.

Sorry , just have to vent.... if you want to go and just have dessert, make your reservation, go and just have dessert.

The only exception to this that I can think of would be if a restaurant ONLY served pre fixed priced meals (a certain amount per person, all inclusive).

Personally, I think it is tacky of a RESTAURANT to treat some of their customers differently from others based on what they order.

Ok, off soap box now.

I made a reservation at 10pm on a night when they close at 11pm. I thought this late would not take tables away from people who were eating dinner.
But, the question was more about acceptance.

I agree with the last post. If I was on a diet and only wanted a light salad, that would not be frowned opon. So, why shouldn't it be ok if I want to gain weight (hee, hee, hee :hyper: .

I doubt they would throw us out if we are paying good money for dessert only.

Just didn't want to be frowned upon, :mad: .

But who cares, Their opinion of me .....it's none of my business. I'm just a chubby, hungry girl who wants dessert.

Originally posted by Puffy2
Sorry , just have to vent.... if you want to go and just have dessert, make your reservation, go and just have dessert.

The only exception to this that I can think of would be if a restaurant ONLY served pre fixed priced meals (a certain amount per person, all inclusive).

Personally, I think it is tacky of a RESTAURANT to treat some of their customers differently from others based on what they order.

Ok, off soap box now.

Suppose you're a table of 6 and order one cup of coffee? I think it's tacky for people to take up a table at a restaurant during dinner hours (with a reservation no less) if they're not ordering dinner. Places where this may be a problem have minimums.

No problem with people asking, and going off peak. Restaurant couldn't really stay in business if the tables were filled up with people who are just ordering dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter