Anybody allergic to Eggs?

nicdanh

DIS Veteran
We just found out our 10 month old is VERY allergic to eggs. We have a trip planned for November & I am still not sure what to look for on labels besides the word Egg. Does anyone know off the top of there head what to avoid and will the resturants understand our concern.

Thanks!!
Michelle

Here's a site that has a good cut out card with all the ingredients that might be from eggs.
The list is from this page.
This site also usually has good health info.
And webMD also usually has good info.

Egg allergies are fairly common, so I don't think you will have much trouble with the restaurants.
if you are eating at sit down restaurants, you can ask about food allergies when you make your Advance Reservations. They will put a note on your record.
You can also call the Theme Park restaurant management:
Magic Kingdom 407-824-5967
Epcot 407-560-7483
Studio 407-560-1347
Animal Kingdom 407-938-2203

I'm allergic to eggs, but eat egg whites for breakfast. They are very filling and have lots of protein and nutrients.

Laurajean1014 said:
I'm allergic to eggs, but eat egg whites for breakfast. They are very filling and have lots of protein and nutrients.
You're allergic to eggs but not to the whites? That's extremely rare.

My 12 month old is allergic to egg whites. We just found out about it last week, so I'm still researching it. Fortunately, the labels that have a special note for people with allergies include eggs in that warning if they're in the product, so that helps. We haven't eaten out much since we found out. Right now I'm experimenting with the different things people recommend substituting for eggs in recipes. I'm nursing, so I have to abstain from eggs myself. Ever since I found out I can't have eggs, I've had the worst cravings for cookies, muffins, and cake. :teeth:

Kermit said:
You're allergic to eggs but not to the whites? That's extremely rare.
::yes:: everything I've seen has said that most people who are allergic to eggs are allergic to the whites. I knew msome people who could eat the yolk, but not the white. So, that is rare.

We know our daughter is definately allergic to the yolks, but have been told we need to keep her from the whites as well. So NO eggs whites or yolks :sad2:

My 3 yr old is extremely allergic to peanuts (touch allergic - doesn't have to eat them). We had no problems during our trips this summer and received wonderful service everywhere. He is also a type 1 diabetic so I made a lot of sit-down meals so we could keep somewhat on schedule and have food available for him. You should contact Brenda Bennet in the Magic Kingdom Foods office (her number is found in other threads but I can get it if you can't find it!) and she will talk to you about the allergy and can send you a list via email or mail of foods sold in the park (at carts or counter service) that you should avoid or that are safe.

If you are doing sit-down meals make sure you note the allergy on the reservation and then about a week before you go contact the restaurants at the number they give you to discuss the allergy.

The chefs at WDW are VERY allergy aware and they "get-it" so you should be fine. We ate many places with no allergic reactions and few other problems. We had the best service at Le Cellier, Crystal Palace (lunch) and Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner). But every place was great.

I am allergic to eggs-have been for close to 70 years-yes 70!. You will soon learn which products you can buy, but until you do, you will have to read labels. Common brands of bread-Wonder etc. do not have egg in them. Neither does spaghetti and macaroni or lasagna noodles. If you search recipes for eggless -you will find lots of good ones, Vegan recipies often do not contain eggs. Most ice cream does not have eggs-but many do. Again read labels. In restaurants you will have to ask. Stick to "plain" foods, avoid desserts-opt for fruit or sherbert or ice cream. you can ask about brand in restaurants. If I can answer any more questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me. :love:

I also come under the allergic to egg yolk not egg white group, glad i am not the only one, fortunatly I don't react that badly if i do get it wrong.

One thing i nearly got caught out on is Vaccinations ( I'm in UK) we get offered a shot to stop Flu.... but here at least its made on egg protein, I didn't even consider that, it was only an observant ocupational health person that spotted the allergy on my records....

They think that the vaccine could push me into an anaphylatic reaction.

So glad they were awake that day....

Have a great trip

Toni

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter