Any1 ever done Disney solo on NYE?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done a Disney park on New Year’s Eve solo?
Is it odd being solo on New Years Eve in Disney? Are many people alone in the parks on a night everyone usually with friends and family?

I did this last NYE. I didn't focus on whether many people were alone in the parks. They probably weren't, but why think about that?
I suppose I’m
I did this last NYE. I didn't focus on whether many people were alone in the parks. They probably weren't, but why think about that?
suppose I’m paranoid about looking strange in like a sit down restaurant etc on my own on New Year’s Eve

Is it odd being solo on New Years Eve in Disney? Are many people alone in the parks on a night everyone usually with friends and family?
People are usually with friends and family at Disney in general, and I got quite the look from the USA customs agent when I said I was going to Disney World alone LOL. Last year I don't think the parks were even open at midnight for NYE so I'd consider that first & foremost before booking anything. I've always found dining alone the most difficult part but never because I felt like I was attracting attention for being alone. You will 100% notice it more than anyone else will. It can be hard having no one to share the experiences with. I've made fast friends in lines and on rides but sitting alone at a table in busy restaurant is a new level of loneliness. I know others here have way more success/less trouble with it though. I just do quick service on my solo trips.

People are usually with friends and family at Disney in general, and I got quite the look from the USA customs agent when I said I was going to Disney World alone LOL. Last year I don't think the parks were even open at midnight for NYE so I'd consider that first & foremost before booking anything. I've always found dining alone the most difficult part but never because I felt like I was attracting attention for being alone. You will 100% notice it more than anyone else will. It can be hard having no one to share the experiences with. I've made fast friends in lines and on rides but sitting alone at a table in busy restaurant is a new level of loneliness. I know others here have way more success/less trouble with it though. I just do quick service on my solo trips.

thanks for this :) What is the best way to dine solo, do you bring anything, tips tricks?

thanks for this :) What is the best way to dine solo, do you bring anything, tips tricks?
Some people look at their phone while they are waiting. I try to also soak in the theming and atmosphere and not miss out on all that by staring at the phone too much.

The best tip is stop worrying about what other people might think. As long as you're not doing anything to harm others, what they might think about you doesn't matter, and they probably aren't thinking about you anyway.

Some people look at their phone while they are waiting. I try to also soak in the theming and atmosphere and not miss out on all that by staring at the phone too much.

The best tip is stop worrying about what other people might think. As long as you're not doing anything to harm others, what they might think about you doesn't matter, and they probably aren't thinking about you anyway.
thats what i dont like about looking at phone or book, i want to do what you did and soak in the atmosphere.

thats what i dont like about looking at phone or book, i want to do what you did and soak in the atmosphere.
I have no problem soaking in atmosphere at a quick service meal, or even just on a bench people-watching while I eat, and really gives me zero anxiety. As for table service, I'd defer to other people's advice as it's not something I enjoy so I still avoid it. I hate hate hate sitting at a table alone waiting for my food to arrive. I'm also not really a foodie though, so eating at certain restaurants etc never rates that highly on my to-do lists. If I really wanted to eat somewhere, I would suck it up and do it. Or try to get a date on Tinder to go with me!

I love being solo in Disney World. I haven't done it on NYE, but I don't see why it would be any different. Here's why it can be even better to be solo: 1) You can be more impulsive. I love changing my plans on a dime without worrying about inconveniencing the people I'm with. This will help a lot when the park is crazy busy and things are not like you might expect on NYE. 2) When you are with people, you are naturally paying a lot of attention to them. When you are alone, you pay more attention to all the details around you. 3) I never think twice about eating alone – I have the best interactions with Cast Members when I'm alone. Skipper Canteen can be a blast by yourself. I have never once felt judged or that people were thinking it was strange that I was alone.

I love being solo in Disney World. I haven't done it on NYE, but I don't see why it would be any different.
It can be, depending on a holiday and your feelings about that holiday. To me Christmas and also NYE is really a time to be with family & friends. If I would go solo on these days, it would probably emphasize for me the feeling of being alone instead of solo. I would probably notice families and couples more than I would on regular days. And it might bother me.

This differs per person, of course.

I get this - I'd wonder the same, I bet. In fact, I did - I ended up booking a trip to Hawaii and definitely had some concerns that I'd feel weird being solo in a place that's so often seen as a couples/family place. And honestly, when I was there - I didn't notice it very often*. I think the one time I noticed it (and it would've been the same feeling/concern no matter where I was) was at a buffet and I wanted to leave my camera bag and realized most tables had someone that could stay back and watch something but I felt I had to take mine with me. Otherwise, the feeling didn't really show up.

Some others have mentioned the holiday aspect and I get that, too - I think many of us have different feelings about holidays and expectations. So, check in with yourself about that (I personally would love a solo NYE experience but I sort of hate NYE and this would give me the chance to do all the things I want and just enjoy myself).

* - to be fair, I went as covid-19 was becoming a thing (and it rained my entire time at Aulani/Oahu, though my first few days on the Big Island were pretty sweet). All of that is to say that under normal circumstances, maybe I would've noticed couples/families more - but as it was, being solo was perfect because I could distance, etc.

I've done solo on NYE before and plan on doing it again in a few months. I personally LOVED it ! I did what I wanted to when I wanted and ate wherever and whenever I chose. As far as the dining I did a mix of counter service and sit down dining and thoroughly enjoyed both. I didn't think about what others were thinking about a single diner - if you look around it's more common than you think and most people are in their own moment and really don't think about you.

I still plan on combining family and holidays - I'll get with the family on the 24th and 25th, and then start driving down to check in on the 26th. That's actually the best of both worlds - what could be better than spending time on the holiday celebrating with those you care about and then get in the car where your final stop is WDW !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter