Any Yelloh/Schwans customers here? UPDATE IN POST #26

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
I am a bit frustrated with Yelloh (formerly Schwans) home delivery. Haven't had them stop by in over a month, they have missed two scheduled delivery days now, and when I just tried to order delivery, the first available delivery date is 8 days from now. Anyone else having issues?
I have been a customer for over 30 years, and I find it ironic that a company that has been delivering frozen foods to homes for 70 years is struggling now that delivery is groceries is much more common.

Time touches everything. Sears used to be amazing too, and then it got shut down to make room for Amazon.

Is this delivery service better prices than Costco?

Time touches everything. Sears used to be amazing too, and then it got shut down to make room for Amazon.

Is this delivery service better prices than Costco?
Sears and other retailers took a hit because Amazon offered a different service, delivery. Although Amazon is now opening retail stores.
No idea about prices from Costco, I don't shop there. Schwans historically has offered unique products which I suspect Costco doesn't carry. Premium Ice Cream being one of products unique to Schwans.

We subscribed years ago, but ended up getting frustrated with their service and the prices. The quality or quantity didn't match the prices.

My DSS and his friends would get off the bus and eat all the ice cream treats. 🍦 🤣 We were the favorite house in the neighborhood!

We’ve been a Schwann’s customer for about 25 years and the last two orders were not a good experience. I was surprised to see that it changed and have not tried ordering anything yet. I’m going to go look at the website now to see what the changes are.

I've only ordered a few times. Delivery occurred when scheduled. But it's been months, over a year, since the last order

Wow- Schwann's is still around? We ordered from them a couple of times back when we lived in our previous house about 15 years ago. Our neighbor got the deliveries and so did my mother in law, so we thought we'd give it a try. I love the ice cream, they had some good stuff. I also remember mini cinnamon rolls and this oval shaped cheese stuffed bread with dipping sauce, lol. Everything was super expensive but I loved going through their catalog and looking at everything. Not worth the money to me. I honestly thought they had gone out of business years ago.

Wow- Schwann's is still around? We ordered from them a couple of times back when we lived in our previous house about 15 years ago. Our neighbor got the deliveries and so did my mother in law, so we thought we'd give it a try. I love the ice cream, they had some good stuff. I also remember mini cinnamon rolls and this oval shaped cheese stuffed bread with dipping sauce, lol. Everything was super expensive but I loved going through their catalog and looking at everything. Not worth the money to me. I honestly thought they had gone out of business years ago.
Not only are they still around, but they are advertising on national TV now, probably to promote the name change from Schwans to Yelloh. I sure don't recall them advertising before.
While many of us know them for the yellow trucks and home delivery, they also make products that are sold in your grocery store including Freschetta Pizza, Tony's Frozen Pizza, Mrs. Smith's Frozen Pies, Edwards Frozen Pies, Pagoda Egg Rolls , and , Red Baron Pizza.

Last edited:
Not only are they still around, but they are advertising on national TV now, probably to promote the name change from Schwans to Yelloh. I sure don't recall them advertising before.
While many of us know them for the yellow trucks and home delivery, they also make products that are sold in your grocery store including Freschetta Pizza, Tony's Frozen Pizza, Mrs. Smith's Frozen Pies, Edwards Frozen Pies, Pagoda Egg Rolls , and , Red Baron Pizza.

So, I was reading about this, and apparently the family sold most of the operation to a larger company a couple of years ago, but retained the home delivery service. That is the one being rebranded as Yelloh (weird name), but I think they are divested from teh grocery store items and other ventures.

We used to have Scwanns delivery when the kids were growing up. The truck stopped every two weeks. But over time we ordered less and less and finally stopped altogether. I’m annoyed that they changed the name.

We used to have Scwanns delivery when the kids were growing up. The truck stopped every two weeks. But over time we ordered less and less and finally stopped altogether. I’m annoyed that they changed the name.

It's funny, because it wasn't something that we did, but I know a friend of mine used to get stuff from the truck, but it wasn't like they ordred it. It was more like the truck came to a neighborhood and you could buy from it directly. That's how I remember it anyway. I really only remember the ice cream as his mom would get some for us. It was better than a typical ice cream truck.

It's funny, because it wasn't something that we did, but I know a friend of mine used to get stuff from the truck, but it wasn't like they ordred it. It was more like the truck came to a neighborhood and you could buy from it directly. That's how I remember it anyway. I really only remember the ice cream as his mom would get some for us. It was better than a typical ice cream truck.
Yes, that’s the way it was for us. We had a brochure and when the truck stopped the driver came to the door and we told him what we wanted. He could tell us if he was out of something. He would go back to the truck and get us what we ordered, we would pay him, and he would let us know the next date and approximate time he would be back. We could also tell him if there was something specific we wanted for next time.

Schwans normal procedure was they would come to your house every two weeks and you bought what you wanted. If you wanted, you could pre-order online.
My wife's Grandfather lived in Albion, Illinois, population 1,971. I remember seeing a sign at a gas station saying "The Schwan's Truck will be here Tuesday from 2 to 5 pm" so there the people came to the truck.

Schwans normal procedure was they would come to your house every two weeks and you bought what you wanted. If you wanted, you could pre-order online.
My wife's Grandfather lived in Albion, Illinois, population 1,971. I remember seeing a sign at a gas station saying "The Schwan's Truck will be here Tuesday from 2 to 5 pm" so there the people came to the truck.

At the risk of dating myself, nobody was pre-ordering it online at the time. 🤣

That makes sense how it works though.

At the risk of dating myself, nobody was pre-ordering it online at the time. 🤣

That makes sense how it works though.
Nobody was pre-ordering online when we started with Schwans 35ish years ago, but you could pre-order on the phone.

My sister next door has used Schwann for over 25 years. DH just started ordering last spring. My sister has never had any complaints and so far neither has DH. I do have DH get their fries now and then for me. They didn't have any at all for most of September.

It might be a blessing in disguise. I looked into Schwann's awhile back and if you are getting their meals, they are highly processed and loaded with additives and preservatives. I was very surprised. Even something as simple as steak (which should be only beef) had water, salt and sodium phosphate added to it. It might be worth looking at the ingredients in the products you buy.

It might be a blessing in disguise. I looked into Schwann's awhile back and if you are getting their meals, they are highly processed and loaded with additives and preservatives. I was very surprised. Even something as simple as steak (which should be only beef) had water, salt and sodium phosphate added to it. It might be worth looking at the ingredients in the products you buy.

I agree. A rather "hot" topic with me and DH since he started ordering.

They were started in the 1950's and it was the trend at the time to use science to prolong shelf life and create easily prepared convenience foods. I would prety much expect that.

I agree. A rather "hot" topic with me and DH since he started ordering.
We have really started looking at what is in the food we buy. I think all the processed foods we eat have a negative impact on our health. I make a lot from scratch and stopped buying the heavily processed pre-packaged stuff. Even my kids noticed a positive difference. They don't eat the highly processed school lunches anymore because it doesn't set well with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter