Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

HA!

I arrive on April 14 for a week so I will do some recon.

See, now I'm picturing you in camo, belly crawling near the loop at midnight with night vision goggles and a camera with a HUGE infrared telephoto lens.

Contrairiwise....strolling casually down the loop at noon with your phone held up in front of your face engaging in an 'intense' fake phone call whilst snapping pics madly.

I'm good with either version

See, now I'm picturing you in camo, belly crawling near the loop at midnight with night vision goggles and a camera with a HUGE infrared telephoto lens.

Contrairiwise....strolling casually down the loop at noon with your phone held up in front of your face engaging in an 'intense' fake phone call whilst snapping pics madly.

I'm good with either version
I mean these are both great ideas. A friend suggested I strap a GoPro on my dog and we take a leisurely walk so it is less obvious than me running around with my iPhone all over the place. The problem here is I don't have a GoPro.

Maybe the belly crawling is the way ...

There is an area between FW and the old STOLport that was cleared out when River Country was torn down, presumably as a construction staging site for the resort they were gonna build. It sat empty for a few years, but now it's being used to support the construction of the new cabins. I always thought they would be built on that lot and moved into FW but it looks like it's just a storage area? Also where River Country was, was being used as a makeshift CM parking lot but they seem to have a new paved lot and that area is also being used for cabin construction.

Loop 2500 was declared into the DVC trust for CFW recently so that will be the next loop to be converted after 2300.

Loop 2500 was declared into the DVC trust for CFW recently so that will be the next loop to be converted after 2300.
The work in 2500 has already started.

“That Crazy Disney Lady” paid a visit to the Fort recently and live streamed her visit. She went looking for the DVC cabins. She also had lunch at Trail’s End and visited the TCD stables.

I found it hard to watch, but for anyone who wants to watch, here you go.

If anyone else finds themselves “talking” to themselves while watching to correct her, let me know…or maybe it was just me.

I Like the dog with a go pro idea ...!

Is it possible that in order to sell them as DVC they have to be site built? Like is there a law or rule against time shares on temporary mobile type of housing?

More photos to come, but I have been placed in loop 2600 which is right across the street from where they are building all the new cabins. I will do some more exploring and bring a full report. But they are building multiple cabins at once.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 35
But they are building multiple cabins at once.

I think that's what the "Phases" are that are declared into the DVC Trust.

They don't say they are going to work on Loop 2500. They say they are going to work/add Phases 13A, 13B, 21A, 21B, and 2A. A Phase is a batch of cabins that will be built basically at the same time.

For example, Loop 2500 has Phase 13A on the left/outer side of the circle as you start your way around. A short ways down Phase 21A starts on left/outside and goes to about halfway around the circle. Phase 2A takes what's left of the left/outside circle back around to the loop entrance. Phase 13B is the interior first half of the loop as you enter and Phase 21B is the other interior half as you come back around to the loop entrance.

So @champagne&disney, see if you notice a pattern of cabin work like that. They might be doing multiple phases at once.

Good luck dude!

Bama ED

PS - Oh and thanks for the update.

Interesting from an academic standpoint since these aren't for us but I'm throwing this out to our deep thinkers and speculators.
So at this point, really the only thing these new DVC buildings offer is a new dwelling to stay in, probably at an increased cost. What other amenities does this offer DVC buyers? I mean at this point, no table service restaurant(s). I don't know if the travesty that is now Trail's End can be considered quick service. How about an upgraded pool? The pool at the cabins now, while our go to at Ft. Wilderness, can hardly be considered a DVC worthy upgrade. Not being DVC people I'm not sure what should be considered as far as upgrades and additions that would be required to sell these new tiny homes.
Knowing how Disney is famous for putting grand plans out there with no follow through, are the new buildings putting the cart before the horse?

Interesting from an academic standpoint since these aren't for us but I'm throwing this out to our deep thinkers and speculators.
Given the points charts and the maintenance fees, I would think they have to be doing something to upgrade the amenities (at least a sit down restaurant and update the little pool area). I'll be interested to hear what is marketed at the DVC sale counters. Hopefully it isn't just selling "The Fort" and its existing infrastructure.

The only other advantage (over other DVC) is the ability to bring pets.

j

@Stratman50th @Teamubr

This is exactly what I've been pondering. There just don't seem to be the amenities that other DVC properties have and owners/prospective owners might expect; nicer pools (some 'private' I think), sit-down eateries, and from where the cabins loops are there's really not much I'd consider 'walkable'. Are they going to include a golf cart in since there's no parking at Meadows or Settlement or will they expect the DVCers to rent one or to join the hoi polloi on the internal buses? Are they going to build them their own check in building and 'trading post'?

I'm beginning to wonder how well thought out this was.

Interesting, they must have been reading this thread and decided to toss a nugget.

Hopefully that is a sit down restaurant for everyone to use and not a DVC exclusive sitting right in the middle of everything.

j

Last edited:
I just noticed the lift station at the end of the building. That would imply some new water/sewer need. Like for a restaurant kitchen and bathrooms.

We'll see.

j

So at this point, really the only thing these new DVC buildings offer is a new dwelling to stay in, probably at an increased cost. What other amenities does this offer DVC buyers? I mean at this point, no table service restaurant(s). I don't know if the travesty that is now Trail's End can be considered quick service. How about an upgraded pool? The pool at the cabins now, while our go to at Ft. Wilderness, can hardly be considered a DVC worthy upgrade. Not being DVC people I'm not sure what should be considered as far as upgrades and additions that would be required to sell these new tiny homes.
Knowing how Disney is famous for putting grand plans out there with no follow through, are the new buildings putting the cart before the horse?

They'll build a resort IMO behind Trails End and CFW (cabin DVC) folks may be able to use some of their amenities.

In my opinion.

Ed

Interesting, they must have been reading this thread and decided to toss a nugget.

Hopefully that is a sit down restaurant for everyone to use and not a DVC exclusive sine right in the middle if everything.

j

We knew they were going to build something here back in January 2024.

It was this thread started by @Love Ft Wilderness .

https://www.disboards.com/threads/meadows-construction-stakes.3938607/

I was at the Fort when the thread was started so I went over there to check it out and reported in post #2 that this was prep for a building/construction. We saw these kinds of staking and core samples behind Trails End (won't say its name) b4 clearing of the land started back there.

In my head I clearly hear Joni Mitchell's voice singing ....

:music: They paved Paradise and put in a parking lot:music:

Ed

PS - (back up singers follow Joni with):dance3: Ooooh la la la:dance3:

PPS - literally, DIS Campers and their boots on the ground knew something was happening here 3 months ago. It's only now others are figuring it out.

We knew they were going to build something here back in January 2024.

PPS - literally, DIS Campers and their boots on the ground knew something was happening here 3 months ago. It's only now others are figuring it out.
I remember you posting pics and discussing something going on. I really didn't think it would be something that big AND consume the playground, volleyball and tennis courts.

Hopefully they find a place to put the playground back.

j

As a DVC member who WAS interested in purchasing at FW, I can totally agree with all of your points. The lack of proper amenities stopped us dead in our tracks and when we heard about the HUGE maintenance fees, it just seemed crazy to buy here. I’m pretty sure Disney just plans on renting these out like they have for the last 50 years, but having DVC pick up the cost of the new units. My guess is that these will take a really long time to sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter