Any USA entry updates?

I doubt if America will open up the borders this year while they struggle with their Covid problems even if Biden 🤞 wins. However, I think he will recognise that foreign tourism is useful to the economy and will work to allow people back into the USA, although only countries with a handle on the virus and the UK has a long way to go on that one.
BA Flights are cancelled up to Christmas, can't see it being open till 21 now.

We're holding on for Sept 21, first DVC stay!

BA Flights are cancelled up to Christmas, can't see it being open till 21 now.

We're holding on for Sept 21, first DVC stay!

I think you will be good for then. :) We are hoping for our first DVC owner stay/Honeymoon trip for April/May already rescheduled. Yes I'm hoping they will restart thing in the New Year I imagine they will maybe use the rapid tests in mass like they are using around the country now at airports, theatres, sporting events etc to get things moving. Especially with the vaccine.

From what was said at the medical conference yesterday by JVT and others it seems that Oxford is also on the verge of being ready!

I think you will be good for then. :) We are hoping for our first DVC owner stay/Honeymoon trip for April/May already rescheduled. Yes I'm hoping they will restart thing in the New Year I imagine they will maybe use the rapid tests in mass like they are using around the country now at airports, theatres, sporting events etc to get things moving. Especially with the vaccine.

From what was said at the medical conference yesterday by JVT and others it seems that Oxford is also on the verge of being ready!
moderna is also about to release results.....the expectation is they will also have good results..

Can you all even imagine the feeling of walking right down the middle of Main Street USA with the hell of 2020 well and truly behind us? It's going to be glorious!! I don't think I'll ever moan about crowds and queues again ;-)

what are you talking about, lol, I will be a mess LONG before I hit Main Street :rotfl2: I think the tears will start once I actually see Dublin airport. the 10 hour flight I will calm down, but once I start to see familiar landscape on the approach to LAX I just know I will be crying again

what are you talking about, lol, I will be a mess LONG before I hit Main Street :rotfl2: I think the tears will start once I actually see Dublin airport. the 10 hour flight I will calm down, but once I start to see familiar landscape on the approach to LAX I just know I will be crying again

for sure....just getting to the airport for the flight over will be enough for everyone in my group except perhaps the 2 year old.
Actually, we'll probably get misty eyed when the airport car service picks us up from the house!!
oh my gosh, it's going to be amazing....

moderna is also about to release results.....the expectation is they will also have good results..

Oh that's good news too!

Can you all even imagine the feeling of walking right down the middle of Main Street USA with the hell of 2020 well and truly behind us? It's going to be glorious!! I don't think I'll ever moan about crowds and queues again ;-)

Oh I think I will cry non stop on the flight, then again when I land at MCO, an again on the monorail at the airport, Magical Express! I'm just going to be a crying mess!

Had the best experience with BA this last week. December flight was cancelled, we had a package with a non refundable hotel for a few nights, which we'd paid an amendment fee to adjust earlier in the year. Got a call back from the text we sent within 24 hours, full refund including seat selection and admin fee processed and in my account this morning!

Have they offered you 20 or 23 Jan? The schedule looks very reduced.
View attachment 538655
It was Jan 6, I meant 2021. You're right, the schedule has been stripped down. I needed those dates as I was meeting a fair few US dads over there (originally I was doing the WDW marathon), so I think I'll just bank the voucher this time, as I'll use it in the timeframe.

Last edited:
All part of the risks in being on here too much (he says while he types this out wearing a Chicago Bears jersey) 😆

Well as a Tampa Bay fan, this of course had to be the year we actually have a decent team, the Superbowl in our own stadium, and zero hope of actually watching it in person !!

On a related note.... Disney holidays have offerred refund on tickets purchased (as it was a 14 day park hopper) and now Jet Blue have offerred refund on April flights from NYC to MCO for our trip

Is someone trying to tell me that our hope of the April 21 Easter trip to Disney is a non-starter ?

Well as a Tampa Bay fan, this of course had to be the year we actually have a decent team, the Superbowl in our own stadium, and zero hope of actually watching it in person !!
Yeah, I pretty much don't have to worry about the first 2 of those...... but I feel your pain.

On a related note.... Disney holidays have offerred refund on tickets purchased (as it was a 14 day park hopper) and now Jet Blue have offerred refund on April flights from NYC to MCO for our trip

Is someone trying to tell me that our hope of the April 21 Easter trip to Disney is a non-starter ?
I'm not sure its a non-starter, but it certainly wouldn't fill me with confidence....
If a vaccine gets rolled out and there are some protocols around flying that are tied to that, Easter I would say is still a hope, but that might be a glass half full kinda scenario.

I'm not sure its a non-starter, but it certainly wouldn't fill me with confidence....
If a vaccine gets rolled out and there are some protocols around flying that are tied to that, Easter I would say is still a hope, but that might be a glass half full kinda scenario.
I agree, it looks like the vaccine is going to be rolled out over a period of at least 6 months, Easter 2021 could be tight.

I agree, it looks like the vaccine is going to be rolled out over a period of at least 6 months, Easter 2021 could be tight.
We were meant to be going Easter 20. Obviously got canned with about 2 weeks notice

So i rebooked Avios flights pretty much straight away for the main flights, and just rolled over DVC points and passes to 2021

I'm a mess when I do the planning. I've decided that a March trip is unlikely to happen no matter how much I wish upon a star and I would like to do Disneyland at Christmas again as well as WDW, so a couple of days after Thanksgiving for the flight out over to DL for 6 days and then hop over to WDW for 14 days and come home a week before Christmas. I must remember my coat this time, because the first time I went to DL in late November 2013 I blooming froze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter