Any updates on Pool Renovation?

momof3littlelilos

DIS Veteran
I apologize if it's been posted, but I can't get the search function to work for me...
I'm wondering if anyone knows when the rumored pool renovations will be complete?

just rumors .. some say 3-5 years .. some say sooner

THREE TO FIVE YEARS?:scared1: ...SHEESH..oh well.:rolleyes:

I am here right now and there are no signs of pool renovations, but when talking to staff not sure when they are starting the work but it is suppose to be done by summer of 2009.

Yea, I heard the estimated completion date was summer 2009 as well. I can't imagine them wanting to go out 3-4 years, but then again, we also haven't seen any official building plans being submitted to Orange County either. So it hasn't even reached that stage yet, which means they are probably at least 6 months from starting.

Since we don't know the scale of the renovation, it's hard to say how long it would take to complete. To be safe, we could assume a year. So 6 months from now is October, so October next year? I can't imagine them wanting to open a new pool right in time for winter, so hopefully the ball gets rolling soon :)

for all the folks worrying about finishing it, they haven't even started it yet.

If it's looking like summer of 09 ....I may just have to book another vacation Oct 09 to check it out!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

While the pool is closed for renovations, gatordad has invited everyone at FtW to come & use his pool:

redneck_spa.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter