Any travel agents (or guests) have a hint as to when Genie is starting?

I've planned and took trips of of 10+ that spanned 3 generations in age for nearly 2 decades. We've ate at most of the character meals and gotten hard to get ADR's (or we didn't) and never once have I struggled. I have still never ridden Navi, FoP, 7DmT, etc (despite numerous trips [re-covid) due to not getting FP's and not once did I struggle. Initially I couldnt get a BoG reservation and not once did I struggle.

Let Down? Sure
Disappointed? Slightly
Struggle? No

If any part of a vacation ever causes me to struggle, I need to take a step back and reassess my situation. There are just too many other places to eat and things to do to have to struggle.

You "quoted" my post - with an emphasis on the word "struggle" - except I never once used that word. Not sure what your point is?

I stated a valid point that certain travel groups (which you do not seem to be aware of/part of) NEED to pre-plan their trip to avoid dangerous situations. I never mentioned ADR's or character meals?

Since it is clear that you have no personal experience with my reality - and seem to think that everyone needs to do things "your way", please move on to picking on someone else.

I just dont understand the people who say they are struggling. Some folks act like they can't go on vacation without being able to plan every single second of their trip. Disney is likely NOT going to announce it in advance so their first few days (when major kinks will need to be worked out) won't have a stampede of people outside the gates at 4am. Plan your trip with the info you have now and if something changes, address it then. All this worrying and stressing and wondering is wasted energy and you're just making yourself miserable.

Disney says in their verbiage online that they will in fact make an announcement closer to launch.

For some people not having some form of skip the line option may be a make or break decision to cancel a trip so planning may be essential to them. Personally I would like to know before my trip in 2.5 weeks so I can cancel some reservations I may not need. That would then open them up for other families.

I just dont understand the people who say they are struggling. Some folks act like they can't go on vacation without being able to plan every single second of their trip. Disney is likely NOT going to announce it in advance so their first few days (when major kinks will need to be worked out) won't have a stampede of people outside the gates at 4am. Plan your trip with the info you have now and if something changes, address it then. All this worrying and stressing and wondering is wasted energy and you're just making yourself miserable.

Ma'am, this is a Disney Trip Planning Forum.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that the radio silence from Disney 1 week before the 50th indicates they've got IT problems with the new system. Maybe suddenly moving rise to a queue is an attempt to get rid of some of the IT problems they are having.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that the radio silence from Disney 1 week before the 50th indicates they've got IT problems with the new system. Maybe suddenly moving rise to a queue is an attempt to get rid of some of the IT problems they are having.

My 2c on the move to an actual line vs a virtual queue at ROTR: they are doing it to suck in the crowds vs. having people floating around doing other attractions and taking up space. They needed something very badly at HS to help with the massive crowds, especially as the 50th approaches. So I think they just want to take some bodies out of other lines and keep them occupied to help bring some relief to the other attraction queues.

Or they want it to have long lines so more people will pay for it as a IAS once genie is released.

I certainly hope so. We get there the 30th and I’d rather not be a guinea pig this time. All our trips since 2016 have been just DH & I. Super easy, super flexible. This time, for the 50th, we have my brother and his whole family joining us and my other (local) SIL and a couple of her friends joining. That, in and of itself, is a huge change (which I’m looking forward to! Can’t wait to Disney with all of them, my nephews especially!!!!) but as the resident “Disney expert” I prefer not to navigate a new system when I feel like I’m unofficially responsible for everyone’s trip.
I KNOW that’s not TRULY the case (& my brother and BOTH my SIL’s are actual mellow people, thank goodness) but I can’t help the feeling.

So, Disney, please wait until end of October at this point so everyone has a chance to learn more and plan before their trips start 😌

It could also be so that Disney can start collecting data for the Genie system to learn surge pricing.

Did you quote the wrong person? The quote you responded to was talking about how, due to having people with various medical conditions and disabilities, planning is an important element to a successful trip. I went back and searched the previous pages and didn’t find a single use of the word struggle until your post, so your emphasis on not struggling when traveling with large groups was a bit confusing to me….I think ultimatly you are both agreeing that with large groups of people or with those that have disabilities, planning ahead is an essential ingredient to having a successful trip without any major letdowns?

Nope. Didn't quote the wrong person. I was replying to the comment I quoted about how people who say they struggle (this does not mean the person I quoted said that, it means I was talking about the people who DID say it and the verbiage IS there in at least one previous post, I checked).

You "quoted" my post - with an emphasis on the word "struggle" - except I never once used that word. Not sure what your point is?

I stated a valid point that certain travel groups (which you do not seem to be aware of/part of) NEED to pre-plan their trip to avoid dangerous situations. I never mentioned ADR's or character meals?

Since it is clear that you have no personal experience with my reality - and seem to think that everyone needs to do things "your way", please move on to picking on someone else.

See response above. I was replying to your comment but referencing what others had said, thus, the use of the word struggle. When I say " I just don't understand the people who say they struggle...." it doesn't mean that I'm implying you used that word. I'm talking to you about the people who DID use that word.

Ma'am, this is a Disney Trip Planning Forum.

Oh hi. I see you joined us in January. I've been here a decade and a half. Thanks for informing me as I had no idea!

Nope. Didn't quote the wrong person. I was replying to the comment I quoted about how people who say they struggle (this does not mean the person I quoted said that, it means I was talking about the people who DID say it and the verbiage IS there in at least one previous post, I checked).

See response above. I was replying to your comment but referencing what others had said, thus, the use of the word struggle. When I say " I just don't understand the people who say they struggle...." it doesn't mean that I'm implying you used that word. I'm talking to you about the people who DID use that word.

Oh hi. I see you joined us in January. I've been here a decade and a half. Thanks for informing me as I had no idea!
I read it as the PP making a joke about all of us here being obsessive planners :)

HOLY CRAP - this poster nailed it!!!

I've heard mid-October for the individual attraction selections (also called LL$ here). Specifically, Tuesday October 19th has been mentioned.

Genie and Genie+ are rumored to start late October or early November.

All subject to change. This is a very fluid situation.

Reactions: CJN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter