Any tips to avoid burnout

Lookn4magic

Earning My Ears
DW and I have made ressies for 16 nights in April 2003 with our 2 DSs (8 & 9). We are planning on doing all the parks and I am concerned that it may be a bit much for the boys. Does anyone have any advice on how to keep it fresh for a stay that long.

Take some time to just relax at the pool. Go mini-golfing. Try out World of Sports (maybe there will be game or something going on). Sleep late some mornings and stay out late some nights. Don't try to do it all the first couple of days. Take a couple of side trips outside WDW if you can.

Where are you staying? We are DVC members so we would stay in a one-bedroom unit. That's more like a home than a hotel. So we could sit on the couch and watch TV a little, borrow a movie from the Community Hall to watch on the VCR, sit on the porch and watch the golfers, make some cookies in the kitchen.

We took our kids to the Wide World of Sports for dinner during our stay. (As big Red Wing fans we couldn't miss the playoffs!)
After we finished dinner the baseball game was just entering the 7th inning so admission was free and we went in to watch some the end of it. My sons enjoyed it even if my DD wasn't thrilled.

How to avoid burnout? Don't rush.
You will be there long enough to do everything that you want to do (without rushing). I assume you will have APs, so come and go to the parks as you please. Sleep in, take naps, swim, go see a movie at Downtown Disney, spend a day at a water park, visit Fort Wilderness, etc. Try to do thing other than the parks. Have a great trip!

REST during the day sometime. It's amazing how much energy comes from a rest!

My 8 year old dd either needed to sleep in, rest in the afternoon and have an early night! One of those three everyday made our vacations extremely fun!

We have a 2 year old too, so coming back to the room in the afternoon for nap was the best thing we did! Everyone loved it! Mostly dh and dd would swim while I got ds to sleep, then dh and dd would return to the room and rest also. We were so refreshed for the rest of the day. My kids fav park ended up being Epcot because afternoon naps allowed them to stay up really late and enjoy ToD and Illuminations THREE TIMES! S

Thanks for the advice everyone. We'll try to follow your tips and take some time to smell to the roses. We had planned on staying offsite but after reading all the posts on this site and others we decided to give up the space and go for the magic. So we will be staying in the all-star movies for our trip and yes, we are purchasing aps for all of us. I just wanted to say that if WDW is as nice and friendly as the people on this site I know we will have a wonderful time. Thanks again.

If you don't have one already, get a good guidebook so you don't miss some of the hidden attractions. Your kids might like the Pirate Cruise. Also go to www.wdwig.com and see what people do on their first nights before they actually go into the parks. I don't think my boys who are almost the same age as yours would get tired of going to Epcot and riding Test Track, though.

There is so much to do and see in Central Florida, that you could honestly spend a month there and not see and do everything.

That being said, schedule days that you lounge around the pool, rent one of the boats, go to the water parks... not just Disney ones. Go to IOA and USF, as well as Seaworld, and Busch Gardens, Tampa. Play Mini Golf or for that matter, if your family likes Golf, check out the golf courses at Disney... they do have cut rate times, depending on when you go. Go to Disney Quest, and if the kids are old enough, let them play there, while you enjoy DTD, a nice meal, and Pleasure Island. Spend a day at Cape Canaveral, if you are into the Space Missions. Go to the beach... you've got the Atlantic Ocean to the east, and the Gulf of Mexico to the west. Disney even has a time share resort at Vero Beach, so perhaps you might like to do that for a couple of days?

I envy you having that much time to spend. Enjoy it, and make sure to write a trip report on your return! Can't wait to hear what you decide to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter