Any tips - rental reservation not showing everyone

kwdw

DIS Veteran
Any advice? I have a rental agreement with a DVC member in late Sept using David's as the broker. The original reservation was two people. David's says they will add folks and they have outreached to the DVC member and the DVC member has sent them a snapshot showing the update with the 4 people I want on the reservation.

However, MDE is still showing two. One of the later added guests tried, but can't link the reservation either.

I've worked with David's before and done this before - no issues. I'm perplexed. Any ideas what might be going wrong? I did email them again tonight telling them still no luck.

I've only got 4 folks in a 2 bedroom at AKV, so I know there is space. But don't they have to be on the reservation if we plan on using the morning early entry and the deluxe evening hours? How do I know when they arrive (which will be separate from me) that they will be able to get into the room?

I kind of doubt David's or the DVC owner is lying. The screen shot they sent me doesn't show the confirmation number, but it does have the dates, room, and names all correct. David's tells me it SHOULD show in MDE.

Sigh. I know renting always has risks, but this seems like a technical glitch that isn't resolved. Anyone have something happen like this before and find a solution?

Have you added the additional guests' names to your Family and Friends section in MDE? If so, and the names in the MDE precisely match those on the reservation, and it is still not showing them, you may need to actually call MDE and ask them to update your MDE reservation info.

Last edited:
Have you added the additional guests' names to your Family and Friends section in MDE? If so, and the names in the MDE precisely match those on the reservation, and it is still not showing them, you may need to actually call MDE and ask them to update your MDE reservation info.
Humm... okay - so - they were entered with "Ms." in front of their name on the reservation - but nope - my friends don't have that in their names in MDE. So - maybe that's part of it.

If you had done the online check0in already, you likely have to re-check-in (just don't change any requests if you had made one through the owner - it'll override the original request). We've had that happen a number of times & re-checking in fixes it.

I had something kind of similar happen when I was renting out points.

David's sent me a list of the guests' names. I know I entered them correctly when I made the resie because I did a screenshot. But David's contacted me to say there was an issue with one of the names.

I checked my account on the DVC website, and sure enough, there was a problem.

I called DVC Member Services. They fixed it. I refreshed the DVC website, and saw that it was fixed.

OP, David's can tell the Owner to call DVC Member services to straighten it out.

DVC Member Services sometimes has long hold times, but not always. I got right through when I made that call.

Humm... okay - so - they were entered with "Ms." in front of their name on the reservation - but nope - my friends don't have that in their names in MDE. So - maybe that's part of it.
Ya, names have to match exactly. Not that this is your issue, but an example, if the names are all caps on the DVC side they won't match over to MDE even if they are spelled exactly the same. It is very picky and has to be a precise match.

To add, once a reservation is added to one guest's MDE, it can't be added to another. Those guests can see it because you are connected as Friends and Family.

If you are not seeing the guests updated in MDE, then I might check with MDE technical to see if they see the multiple guests...if not, then I would follow up with David's to tell them that MDE is telling you the new guest addition is not coming through so the owner can reach out to MS to see if there is something more they can do.

You all have been VERY helpful so far!!! Do you think ALL their contact info has to match so it comes through? Like the address, phone, and email, too? I just gave David's their names - but the screenshot from the DVC member shows all of them with my contact information. I originally didn't give David's a prefix because they didn't add them to their MDE accounts - but David's added that for the owner to enter.

I tried MDE help yesterday - the minute they figure out its a DVC reservation - they refuse to talk to me since I'm not the owner.

I've been doing this through email with David's but I am also going to call today.

Thanks for all your tips so far!

If you had done the online check0in already, you likely have to re-check-in (just don't change any requests if you had made one through the owner - it'll override the original request). We've had that happen a number of times & re-checking in fixes it.
Checking in again has worked for me in the past. Modifying the reservation (without modifying anything) has also worked for me, but you would have to get the owner involved for that option.

You all have been VERY helpful so far!!! Do you think ALL their contact info has to match so it comes through? Like the address, phone, and email, too? I just gave David's their names - but the screenshot from the DVC member shows all of them with my contact information. I originally didn't give David's a prefix because they didn't add them to their MDE accounts - but David's added that for the owner to enter.

I tried MDE help yesterday - the minute they figure out its a DVC reservation - they refuse to talk to me since I'm not the owner.

I've been doing this through email with David's but I am also going to call today.

Thanks for all your tips so far!

None of my family and friends real info is used. So that should not matter.

When I update guests to a linked reservation, they always show up and then I get the “match guests to your list”.

If it is not showing that, then it seems not to be updating. That’s why I might start with MDE technical.

I finally got the "Match Guests on your List" notice today after the owner called Member Services again! I have no clue what made the difference, but they changed the names again - and it came through. Not sure if anything else happened, too.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in - your responses definitely made me feel better while this finally got resolved (I've been trying for over a month).

I'm back to having confidence in the rental points process - and remembering that Disney IT can be a pain.... :)

I love disboards! Definitely the place to go when you need Disney answers.

My MDE doesn't even match to myself. I always have to manually add the guests.

Your MDE should show the people to be matched up just by refreshing. Log out and log back in. Do it on a computer, not mobile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter