Any tips for a furture mom to be?

LinK

Wishes do come true!!
Just found out I am pregnant......I will be in my 1st trimester. Any tips?

This is will be our second child.

I should say does anyone have any tips for me for my upcoming trip to disney. Leaving May 4th

Bring water, take it easy. Dehydration can bring on labor, even in your first trimester, so stay hydrated!!!

Relax, plan a mid-day break, and don't be disappointed if you don't get to see everything. This will be good practice for when you go back with the little one.:) My wife and I went when she was 5 mos. pregnant, and we just took it easy and didn't push it to do anything she couldn't handle. We took the same approach with our 14 month old when we went back. Be prepared, also, to skip a bunch of rides that have pregnancy restrictions.

For the first trimester, I think your biggest problem will be nausea. You may want to make a list of restaurants that sell food you can usually eat when you're not feeling well. Since you don't know what kinds of smells you're going to come across, you might consider carrying a lemon wedge and keeping it close by so that you can take a whif of it any time you come across something unpleasant.

Drink plenty o' water as its very warm in Orlando this spring! Wear very comfy shoes (not new shoes, comfy shoes or sneaks that are already broken in), and have a wonderful time!

:D

Thanks everyone, I will keep them all in mind. The Lemon I will definately need. I am already experiencing that nausous feeling with certain smells.

I was in the same situation a couple of years ago -- 10 weeks when we visited WDW. Take a couple of bottles of water with you each day, stay hydrated. Don't overdo it -- if you feel tired, go back to the hotel for a mid-day rest, call it a night early if you need to -- whatever you do, don't run yourself down! I also took healthy snacks in my backpack, like dried fruit, bagels, etc. because I'd often get the feeling that I had to eat, RIGHT NOW -- no time to wait until you can get to a restaurant. The snacks kept me from getting lightheaded or nauseous while in queue lines, etc.

Also, AVOID any rides that say pregnant women shouldn't ride. I talked to my doctor before I went and asked how much I really needed to follow those rules -- after all, some rides like the teacups, and even BTMRR, seem pretty tame when compared with some others. Plus, I had seen many obvoiusly pregnant women riding things like Splash Mountain. I just thought it was a question of "where do you put your belly" ... and if you're in the early stage of pregnancy and don't yet have a belly, it's not an issue, right? WRONG! What my doctor explained was that especially in the first trimester, there is the danger that the placenta can tear away from the uterus, leading to miscarriage. This can happen on any ride that involves very high speeds, sudden jerks or turns, and drops. (Hence why you can miscarry after a car accident that gives you a good bump.) So although you may see women riding who are quite clearly pregnant, don't follow their example. Play it safe ... and in the future, you can go back with your little one and do the rides you had to miss this time!

HAVE FUN -- and best wishes!!

I was 5 months pg when we last went down. The weather was very unseasonable for the first week in Oct and I got very sick. I really needed to nap everyday. One thing that I suggest and it worked out well for us because it was also my 2nd and our 1st was 4 yrs old, was I would go back to the room and lay down and nap for an hr or 2 and dh would take dd to MK and get her fill of Fantasyland. When they got back, I would feel up to having dinner and going to a park.

Good luck and congrats !!!!

I've been 3 different times while pregnant and loved it each time. I didn't want to believe that I couldn't ride all my favorites, but I tried one (Body Wars) and regretted it. Luckily, I didn't lose it while the ride was going, but it did me in for awhile. My advice - don't try it. There always seemed to be a bench around when I needed one, and I took alot of breaks. It's a different experience to be there when you're not up to the commando stuff, and it's not bad, it's just different. Go with the attitude that you'll do what you can and still have a great time. Some of my favorite times were when everyone else was on a ride and I got to sit and people watch. One other caution - it may be too early for you or you may not experience this, but it was MUCH harder for me to stand still in a line than it was to keep walking. Keep that in mind and be prepared to find a seat if you need to. Also, make sure you take in-park communication devices, since you may need to sit while everyone else is doing something else. This will free you up to check out the shops if you want to. Also take the usual stuff for pg snacking with you. I was disappointed a couple times that I couldn't find anything appealing quickly. Have a great time, take it easy and enjoy the happiest place on earth!!

Thank you everyone for the advise. I don't think I will be taking it at any other speed than slow.

You guys have been great.

Eleven days and counting. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Bet you can't tell I am excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter