• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any tips for 1st timer only 9 days out?

TmnsnMD

Mouseketeer
This will be our 1st time at WDW. Any last minute tips for 1st timers? I still can't believe we will be in WDW is less than 10 days!!!!!! :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

The most important tip is one you see here all of the time. Take your time and notice the details and theming. That's the beauty of WDW. If you rush trying to do it all, you'll miss what makes WDW special.

Have a wonderful trip!

If it fits in with your budget, try one of the behind the scene tours. You will get an even greater insight of seemingly small touches which all add to make the magic happen. Don't try to do everything - it is impossible.

And Have fun!

Cyn

When your in adventureland, try a dole whip! I am taking my husband to WDW for one day only just to have a Dole whip. We luv em. Hope you do too.

You can find them at the Aloho Isle.

Happy Traveling!

My best advice is BE FLEXIBLE!!! You can do all the planning in the world, and things just may not work out the way you wanted. Relax, enjoy and don't feel obligated to keep that PS you made if you are simply having too much fun where you are!:p

Disnee Dad Says.................................................................... Pray!! Or go to the tips board and read secret tips. Some are good and some are not. You can tell by reading them! If Disnee Dad Says it is a good tip then it probably is!!!!!

Bring extra shoes! I was glad to have a different pair of sneakers to wear when my feet were tired and somewhat sore! And for the kids too. We went on Kali River Rapids and everyone's shoes were SOAKED. Took 1 1/2 days to dry, even with the hair dryer. We were glad they had sandals packed!

AND try the layered margaritas in Mexico! YUM YUM!:p

AS addicted_to_WDW said, take time to notice the details. There is so much detail to be seen at WDW - as Community Board moderator Dan Murphy says, make sure to always look up and down, you'll never know what you'll see. Most of all, relax and remember - you're on vacation! Have fun. :)

if you have small children, follow their lead. we just returned from a wonderful trip, and i must say, i think a lot of it depends on the amount of rest that those little ones get. i saw so many screaming miserable tired children being drug around by miserable tired adults.

let the kids rest and take naps and chill out as close to their normal schedules as possible and you will not regret it. we were all happy go lucky folks because we did not do a million things in one day. get up early though. that's the only demand i make.
Here are some specific tips:
1. go to the specified parks that have early admittance. be there before the park opens, ride the big rides that are "musts" then leave and go to another park around noon. not sure why this works, but i swear by it. it's my trick that works even in the summer. and also, do the parks backwards. what i mean is, everyone goes to MK first( like on Sunday or Monday, at the first of the week), then epcot, then mgm or ak. go the opposite. do ak first, then mgm, get it?
2. do at least one character meal. they are worth the money. i say chef mickey for breakfast. ask for a table by the window. amazing view.
3. when you do the safari at ak, if you go immediately as soon as the park opens, you will see 4x the amount of animals. it's amazing the difference. those animals love those fla. mornings and hate that afternoon sun.
4. do a bug's life at ak. and walk the tiger tour at ak also. they have these real bats that are truly the biggest most disgusting coolest things we had seen.
5. do prime time cafe at mgm (it's a restaurant). ask the hostess for the most obnoxious waitress. you won' t regret it.
6. also at mgm, see the parade and you must do the new who wants to be a millionaire. even my five year old thought it was cool.
7. fast passes for everything. i am amazed at the people who don't use these things.
8. the buzz lightyear ride is our new favorite. my goal is to beat the world. play to win!!
9. do not miss the fireworks at epcot! make reservations at the rose and crown in england for 8:30. request to sit on the water outside. you can have fish and chips and a good english beer and watch the most amazing firework show you have ever seen. we do this every time. the view is perferct.

and finally, i recommend that you buy birnbaum's guide to wdw and read and highlight stuff now. then read and highlight on your way down there. then, take it with you to the parks. the people who read it for the first time on the way or at the park are too overwhelmed and overloaded.but it is so helpful if you read it now and you'll be amazed at the stuff you;ll just remember! even though these sites are great and the maps they give you at the park are great too, the book just seems to have the right amount of tips, info, nifty cool things, and maps also. i really do like this book.

and also, hopefully this will be the first of many trips so try hard to relax and enjoy your family. whatever you do, take a deep breath before you lose your patience if things go wrong. i was just dismayed at the grouchy folks we saw this time. don't forget, it is the happiest place on earth- god knows it is especially right now. cuddle and love and chill and plan, and don't fret !
please let me know if you need any more advice. i think i know it all these days about wdw. i am becoming an addict. it's the best place in the world- except of course my mama and daddy's house!!

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you , thank you for all your GREAT tips!!! We have been planning this trip it seems for sooooooo long, we have decided to just sit back relax and let our vacation come to us. This is kind of hard for me (I like to plan), but my DH says DON'T WORRY everything will be GREAT!

Thanks again for everything!

Here's a couple of tips that were useful to me when we went to Disney World last year. My son is always making a mess of his packed clothes so I packed an entire outfit, including socks and underwear in a ziploc bag. Each morning he would grab out a bag and everything was in there. It made getting ready each morning much easier for the both of us. If your flying be sure to pack an extra outfit and your swimsuit in a carryon bag so you can function even if your luggage is lost or delayed. Also, since our trip I have found a compact hamper which we use now whenever we travel. I got it at Walmart and it it folds down to a flat square but actually holds quite a bit of laundry in it. When we get home I just take the hamper right into the wash room and don't have to wait for anyone to unpack before I can start laundry. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter