• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

any suggestions?

vern

Mouseketeer
ok we are going to dw sept22 to october7 for 2 weeks. The dilema.. our dd10 has adhd, which isn't USUALLY a problem when on meds. But our dd6 has o.d.d (oppositional defiance disorder), when she can't get her way has the biggest fits where we have to phyisically restrain her and she does run, has tried to run away a few times, and has left our house a few times at early hours, 2am once, just because she wanted to go outside and play. My parents live upstairs and she has also gone to thier house in the am too. DD6 also has/had mono she is "recovering" which is causing her to get very tired all the time. I would like to know any suggestions or tips you have to help make this an easier time for them. We will be using a double jogger for our trip for dd6 and ds(will be 13 months at the time) we plan on taking breaks during the day except Ak when we will leave after the parade then do wishes/spectro at night with break in between.

If you check out the disABILITIES FAQs thread, there is a section about Guest Assistance Cards (GACs). It would probably be useful to you to be able to use your stroller as a wheelchair (being able to take it in lines with you); you could get that accomodation with a GAC.

If your jogging stroller doesn't have a swivel wheel on the front, you want one that does. It makes it a lot easier for steering.

I would be concerned about your DD leaving your room while you are asleep. It would not be hard for her to open the door - although, if you bolt the latch and use the metal piece they use instead of a chain, it would be a little harder to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter