Any suggestions for visiting Cleveland?

Oh, I don't know if you natives know this but from the stadium concourse we could see some kind of smokestack with huge flames coming out - any idea what that might have been?

Laura- sorry I just saw that! Would have been lovely but the in-laws (and DH) don't get Disney or the DIS and would have found it a bit strange.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful suggestions! We were just there for a quick weekend and I couldn't have imagined I would love Cleveland so much! We stayed downtown and walked to Tower City, Progressive Field (no one mentioned their 8 ft tall Mickey Mouse!) the Rock Hall, Great Lakes Science Center, Goodtimes III river/lakes cruise, and took a cab to melt. Would have loved to spend a week at least, didn't even get to explore
University Circle, Tremont, etc. Firedancer I can see why you love your city! Thank you all!

Glad you had a good time! I love hearing from out-of-towners who enjoyed visiting!

Oh, I don't know if you natives know this but from the stadium concourse we could see some kind of smokestack with huge flames coming out - any idea what that might have been?

Maybe Republic Steel? (But it's not called Republic Steel anymore).

Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Did you end up going to the football HOf? I live in Canton and we are smack dab in the middle of HOF festival activities, so much going on.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Cleveland, we're an hour away and go frequently.

Maybe Republic Steel? (But it's not called Republic Steel anymore).

Glad you enjoyed your visit!

That is almost certainly it but you are right, it hasn't been Republic Steel for a while. It was LTV for years but they have gone bankrupt. I'm pretty sure it is called ArcelorMittal at the moment but I'm not 100% sure. I can't think of any other factory that has visible flames from a stack that you'd see from the stadium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter