• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any suggestions about a resort

lovinwdw

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are going back for our 4th trip to WDW in September. We are thinking of staying at the CBR. I read that it is such a big resort that you have to take buses to get around the resort itself. We usally eat breakfast and evening snacks at the resort. Is it going to be too long of a walk from certain sections of the resort to get to the gift shop and to the resterant. :earboy2:

Welcome to the DIS :wave:

We stayed at CBR in 2000, it is a lovely resort. Although a large resort you can walk around it.

Check out the Caribbean Resort Page you will find a video tour there and here is a CBR FAQ thread

Pop over to the resorts board for more info..

I've never stayed there, but last year spent some time walking around, checking it out.

I really thought it was a little spread out and isolated from a lot of other things. It seemed like you had a wait awhile for the buses too (I had my DH drop me off on his way to golf and then rode the bus back to my resort).

If you are going to have a lazy WDW vacation and don't mind walking, it would probably work out okay.

[We stay at Ft. Wilderness, but from there you are only a boat ride away from the MK and other MK resorts so don't feel like you dropped off the ends of the earth.]

Have you thought of renting DVC points from an owner,and staying at the Old Key West resort?It's awesome,and has a kitchenette with fridge/microwave,coffee machine,and toaster,and more......You might like that.We do,can't wait to get back again in November.....
Kirsten in snowy Nova Scotia :moped:

I read that it is such a big resort that you have to take buses to get around the resort itself.
That depends on where you are located at CBR. Request a preffered room and you may be with throwing distance of Old Port Royale. Although, even if you're not, it's not far to the main buildings. Enjoy the scenery. It seems that most here recommend either the Wilderness Lodge, Carribean Beach, or Port Orleans - French Quarter.

CBR is a great resort. You truly feel like you have escaped to the islands. I have lots of information on CBR, just check the links below.

lovinwdw said:
My husband and I are going back for our 4th trip to WDW in September. We are thinking of staying at the CBR. I read that it is such a big resort that you have to take buses to get around the resort itself. We usally eat breakfast and evening snacks at the resort. Is it going to be too long of a walk from certain sections of the resort to get to the gift shop and to the resterant. :earboy2:

Our favorite place is the Beach Club because you can walk into Epcot. You can also do this from the Boardwalk, but the pool at the Beach Club is the best!

Welcome! My family and I love CSR. You can check out my CSR website below for pics, links and info. Good luck deciding!

We stayed at the CBR on our last trip and loved it. Just ask for a perferred room. I think we stayed in Trinadad North and it was only a short walk to the pool and resturant / snack bar. We were kind of nervours because we only knew the WL but we were happily surprised . The place is beautiful..looks like you are in the Caribbean with a beach and birds outside the patio..the pool is so neat ,,the nicest people ..guests and CM..I would recommend this resort to anyone. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. The boys like the WL,must be the lumberjack in them.
Have Fun :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter