• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any singles ever stay in a one bedroom?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
On my last DVC stay, I walked over to the Villas at the Grand Floridian and it was so beautiful, I knew I wanted to stay there. On my next solo stay, there was no availability for a studio, but there was for a (lake view) 1 bedroom. So I decided to treat myself. But since I'll be solo, I'm wondering if it'll just feel like too much room. Any singles ever book a 1 BR? If so, how was it?

Wow, is that treating yourself!

It's a gorgeous, huge room, you can see it on Youtube. I'm pretty sure I could live in one of those indefinitely as a couple. So, yea, it will feel like a lot of room because it is. Maybe that's how you want to roll this trip?

I haven't but I almost did because of the same issue - lack of studios! I would definitely do it if you have the points.

DH and I booked a 2 bedroom @ the BWV because we had points we would lose. It was great having two full bathrooms.

I am not a single, but I would do it in a heartbeat!
My family stayed there in a 2 bedroom in 2018....it’s gorgeous! Enjoy

I just may end up doing that in November due to no studios being available anywhere and a bunch of points to use by Nov. 30.

Only when I couldn't get the studio. It didn't feel like too much space, and I loved having the stand alone shower. I don't use the kitchen much, so I kept thinking about the points I was wasting but that's just my way of thinking.

I went by myself in 2018 and stayed in a 1 bedroom at BCV. It was awesome! It was like my own apartment for the few days I was there. Totally worth it

Most of my solo trips are in an OKW one bedroom. If I keep my January reservation, it will be the first time in years that I'll be in a studio. I only booked it because I had some banked points to use before my next planned trip with a group of 10 people.

I have a contract in ROFR which comes with 300 June 2020 points so I may be joining you in the solo 1 bedroom stay. I'm usually don't even like to spend the points for anything other than a standard studio at BWV but 2021 might be the year to stop being a point Scrooge.

They are great. Enjoy the space, you're on vacation. VGF is a luxury that we don't have at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter