• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Secret ways to get a site at the wilderness?

Deanmac

Earning My Ears
I am new here and think this is a great forum.

Trying to plan trip down for my 3 year old.

We have a 5th wheel and were looking to go that route.

I teach at a middle school, therefore I can not be real flexible during the school year.

We were looking at Nov. 17th to 25th or Dec 30th to Jan 6th both 2007.

I am finding most people booked in 2006 for those dates in 2007. WOW I never know what our calendar will be for one year to the next.

I have called several times but only a couple single days available.

Am I wasting my time looking for a camp site?

Any package deals out there that include a site?

I live in GA. and don't want to pull a camper down there without a spot reserved.

Any suggestions?

Dean

Cancellations due occur often. The best way to grab one of those is to call exactly at 7am every morning. The openings are entered into the system over night. If they only have one or two days of the time you want available I'd grab those and spend the next couple weeks/months obtaining the rest. If for some reason you cant get all the days you want you can cancel without penalty up to 5 days out.

Cancellations due occur often. The best way to grab one of those is to call exactly at 7am every morning. The openings are entered into the system over night. If they only have one or two days of the time you want available I'd grab those and spend the next couple weeks/months obtaining the rest. If for some reason you cant get all the days you want you can cancel without penalty up to 5 days out.

Thanks for the advice.

Most of the reservations are made way farther in advance, keep trying every day early when they open. Here's what happen to me. We called in Jan.06 for a reservation for Dec 18 - 28 06 and it was all full. I tried several days in a roll and everyone said " No all booked up."

One day I called and the CM said no all fullup, and then asked where are you from, Texas, I replied, and she said where, and I told her and she said my family is there. We got to talking and she said let me see what I can do. She made a reservation for dates beginning sooner and longer and then cancelled the days we did not need, we finished up with days we needed at value rate all the way thru.

So the moral of the story is, see if you can find a friendly CM that will check out all options for you. We were lucky. FYI, there cancelations all the time.

Thanks Becky,

Sorta, Who you know rather than what you know. LOL

At the mercy of the booking people, can't search yourself.

I also have lucked out using the "add a day or two method"

I've been told no availability May 28th to June 5....I've then checked May 27 to June 6th and gotten my pick of spots. I booked it, then cancelled the days I didn't need.

I guess they book in blocks of days.

Definitely do the add a day at a time route, I have managed to piece together Dec 29th - Jan 12th doing this just in the last few weeks. I do not buy into the call at 7am method though, most of my days I got late in the afternoon or evening by checking online, even after checking at 7am and nothing being available. I ended up getting something later in the day.

I got the final piece, Dec 31st Wednesday morning. I checked online at about 6:30am and it was available. I called at 7am when they started taking calls and nothing was available. I tell her it is showing up online and she checks with someone else. After 45 minutes :hourglass on hold she figured out how to "do it". In the meantime I went ahead and booked it online as a single reservation becuase I was on hold and I was afraid I would lose it. She came back and added to my reservation, so now I have 2 reservations for that day. Maybe I can park my motorhome sideways across 2 lots for a day.:rotfl:

Good luck, I think if you continue to try you will be successful.

I have reservations for a preferred site for Nov 18-19 and Nov 21-22.

I couldn't decide between the campsites or a resort, but since the Visa codes came out, I'm going with the resort. I see you originally posted this last night, so I'll give you a while before I cancel so you can have a chance to read this.

I was told my a CM that the internet shows up cancellations immediately, so don't wait until the next morning to call - just book them online as you get them.

I'll call Saturday around 12:00 CST to cancel my campsite reservations. I hope you get my sites.

I have reservations for a preferred site for Nov 18-19 and Nov 21-22.

I couldn't decide between the campsites or a resort, but since the Visa codes came out, I'm going with the resort. I see you originally posted this last night, so I'll give you a while before I cancel so you can have a chance to read this.

I was told my a CM that the internet shows up cancellations immediately, so don't wait until the next morning to call - just book them online as you get them.

I'll call Saturday around 12:00 CST to cancel my campsite reservations. I hope you get my sites.

Thanks,

I believe we will just stay in a resort also.

We have a deal on reserve now, It just looks too hard to get the dates we need this time. Will try to book something for next year.

I have a hold on now for the 19th and 20th at FW, but the other dates look tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter