Any Scout leaders here?

mummabear

DIS Veteran
Looking specifically for leader of a pack of the youngest group (5-8) here in NZ we call them Keas but internationally they can be called Beavers or Joey's too
I am.wondering while we are all in lockdown if another pack would like to have an zoom meeting with my unit.

I'm the pack Committee Chair. I wish our pack would do something. My sons are in Bear (grade 3) and Webelos (grade 4) dens. Have you reached out to any NZ scouting groups on Facebook? I'm in a few Cub Scout and Girl Scout groups (because we're different orgs here) and there are some packs that have done this. I lead a Girl Scout troop of 7th-10th graders and sadly we haven't met since early March. By the time work is over for the day (remotely) I'm exhausted.

Looking specifically for leader of a pack of the youngest group (5-8) here in NZ we call them Keas but internationally they can be called Beavers or Joey's too
I am.wondering while we are all in lockdown if another pack would like to have an zoom meeting with my unit.

What a nice idea!

I used to be in charge of a Cub Scout Den when my DS was little, but that was years ago.

I'll e-mail my old contact, though, and see if he has any current groups that are looking to make some international friends.

I'm the pack Committee Chair. I wish our pack would do something. My sons are in Bear (grade 3) and Webelos (grade 4) dens. Have you reached out to any NZ scouting groups on Facebook? I'm in a few Cub Scout and Girl Scout groups (because we're different orgs here) and there are some packs that have done this. I lead a Girl Scout troop of 7th-10th graders and sadly we haven't met since early March. By the time work is over for the day (remotely) I'm exhausted.

I don't want to totally hijak the thread, but Girl Scout councils have some *amazing* virtual programming their doing, so if you can't meet with your girls remotely (totally understandable!) at least point them in the direction of the virtual resources.
I'm a Brownie leader and we've almost completed a journey using some online resources from our council and a few others.

What a nice idea!

I used to be in charge of a Cub Scout Den when my DS was little, but that was years ago.

I'll e-mail my old contact, though, and see if he has any current groups that are looking to make some international friends.

Many Thanks

We are an NZ Scouting group, but a good idea about finding some international Scouting Facebook groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter