• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any restrictions on golf carts?

iradi8

Mouseketeer
We are bringing our own golf cart to FW in October. Are there any restrictions that I need to be aware of? Also, do we need to tell them we have a golf cart, fill out any paperwork, show them any of our papers, etc.?

I am asking because we just returned from a camping trip in Gulf Shores, Alabama where the campground has banned certain tires (they call them nobbies).

Thanks!!! :sunny:

You won't need to give them any papers on your cart, but you will need to stay on the roadways and other marked cart paths(no off roading).

They do require your cart to be "street ready." Meaning it should have head lights, tail lights, brake lights and a horn. You are also required to follow all the same rules as the rental carts.

There may not be, but there sure needs to be!!! We're not golf cart people, we always reserve close to the Marina and walk. Disney used to have policies regarding golf carts, and we never minded the golf carts around and about til our last trip in January.

Evidently Disney is much less strict now about the golf carts. This has created golf cart chaos. It's not so much the kind of cart that bothered us, but the way they were driven!!! Before (with the more strict guidelines) we rarely saw any dangerous or reckless carting, but on our last trip it was insane. No, actually it was scary. Speeding down sidewalks, turning onto and off of roadways with no warning, young children driving!! It was BAD.

Normally I would say this is just a few ruining it for everyone - but this was more than just a few!

Anyway if you take yours, enjoy, but please don't be one of these golf cart creeps.

Happy Camping

FloridaTeacher said:
Anyway if you take yours, enjoy, but please don't be one of these golf cart creeps.
Happy Camping

Thanks, lol, and don't worry -- we are responsible drivers. I hate to see reckless golf cart driving and kids driving. It will ruin it for all of us because instead of having rules and enforcing them they will just ban golf carts in some campgrounds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter