Any reports of people overheating and passing out with masks

Does anyone know where specifically in each Universal park and at Citywalk the U-Rest locations are located? I can't find any on the park maps.

Not in great spots. One is in the central park area by the lake behind the BTTF train. Horrible choice......zero shade there.

There is another by Fear Factor which is a bit better. Trees are there but theyre a little thin.

There was another and I swear I'm getting old and can't recall the location.....brain fart......my wife pointed it out and said "there's another place that would be just as miserable without a mask". I remember that but not where we were.

Not in great spots. One is in the central park area by the lake behind the BTTF train. Horrible choice......zero shade there.

There is another by Fear Factor which is a bit better. Trees are there but theyre a little thin.

There was another and I swear I'm getting old and can't recall the location.....brain fart......my wife pointed it out and said "there's another place that would be just as miserable without a mask". I remember that but not where we were.

Old Sinbad theater at Islands and entrance to Islands in front of the lagoon near the sub.

Recently back from a 5-day trip there. It was not an issue. Wearing the mask did not make it harder to breath. It did not make me any hotter than I already was. No indications that people were overheating due to wearing masks.

And carrying around water with you is absolutely fine. You can take the mask off to eat or drink -- just put it back on once you're done. Carrying around water is not an excuse to keep your mask off though, only when you're actually actively drinking.

If you feel like you need a break, pop into one of the u-rest stations. Or grab something to eat and sit down -- as already mentioned, you can take your mask off to eat and drink. And while seated in a restaurant, you can have your mask off for essentially the entire time you're at the table.

I just got back from a long weekend trip. I found wearing the mask to be pretty hard. I did it, but it was not fun. It made me grateful that I did not have a job (like a nurse) that required me to wear one. I truly believe, if I lived in Florida and was used to the heat/humidity, it would have been easier. Just like when climbing a mountain, it takes a while to get used to breathing the thinner air. If I was sitting, or walking in the shade, I was okay. There are a lot of steps at UO (in the ride queues.) Steps gets me in every time. I'm always gasping just a bit when I get to the top. This time, I was gasping while trying to wear a mask. The steam from my breath had me feeling like I was trying to breath while in a sauna. Getting to the top of the stairs at the Hogwarts Express had me feeling a bit lightheaded. It was hard, but I survived. I am not asking for sympathy. I chose to be there. And mask or no mask, I'd make the choice again. I totally understand the policy, and sucked it up. I only mention this as a first hand account that, if you're not used to Florida Summer heat and humidity, wearing a mask is not going to be easy-peasey. At times, it's going to be rough. I actually involuntarily reached up once or twice and removed my mask out of self preservation without even realizing I was doing it until I looked down and realized I had it in my hand instead of on my face (in which case I promptly put it right back on my face immediately.) It was just instinct, to help me breathe.

Again, I made the choice to come. I would make it again. I understand the policy. I would much rather wear a mask than a respirator, but I still found wearing the mask to be difficult at times. I think the difficulty would lessen the more acclimated I become to the environment, or acclimated to wearing a mask for longer periods in general. It made me feel slightly less decrepid, as a middle aged, slightly overweight and inactive secretary/desk jockey type, to see that my healthy teenagers struggled a bit from time to time, as well. If you are used to the Florida environment, or wearing masks for long periods in general, I don't think doing so at UO is going to cause any additional undo discomfort. It all depends on what you're used to.

I just got back from a long weekend trip. I found wearing the mask to be pretty hard. I did it, but it was not fun. It made me grateful that I did not have a job (like a nurse) that required me to wear one. I truly believe, if I lived in Florida and was used to the heat/humidity, it would have been easier. Just like when climbing a mountain, it takes a while to get used to breathing the thinner air. If I was sitting, or walking in the shade, I was okay. There are a lot of steps at UO (in the ride queues.) Steps gets me in every time. I'm always gasping just a bit when I get to the top. This time, I was gasping while trying to wear a mask. The steam from my breath had me feeling like I was trying to breath while in a sauna. Getting to the top of the stairs at the Hogwarts Express had me feeling a bit lightheaded. It was hard, but I survived. I am not asking for sympathy. I chose to be there. And mask or no mask, I'd make the choice again. I totally understand the policy, and sucked it up. I only mention this as a first hand account that, if you're not used to Florida Summer heat and humidity, wearing a mask is not going to be easy-peasey. At times, it's going to be rough. I actually involuntarily reached up once or twice and removed my mask out of self preservation without even realizing I was doing it until I looked down and realized I had it in my hand instead of on my face (in which case I promptly put it right back on my face immediately.) It was just instinct, to help me breathe.

Again, I made the choice to come. I would make it again. I understand the policy. I would much rather wear a mask than a respirator, but I still found wearing the mask to be difficult at times. I think the difficulty would lessen the more acclimated I become to the environment, or acclimated to wearing a mask for longer periods in general. It made me feel slightly less decrepid, as a middle aged, slightly overweight and inactive secretary/desk jockey type, to see that my healthy teenagers struggled a bit from time to time, as well. If you are used to the Florida environment, or wearing masks for long periods in general, I don't think doing so at UO is going to cause any additional undo discomfort. It all depends on what you're used to.

I had mentioned before I fish everywhere around Florida and wear neck gaiters. I make it with no issues when doing that but I realize that's because there's no anxious forced requirements and I likely move it often when fishing. So the difference might just be the requirements and not feeling like you can just move it when you feel the need.

It definitely catches up to you throughout the day. The walk up City Walk can be a beast after 10 hours.

You may get acclimated and you may not. I wear face coverings on the boat often and still found it bearable at best. My wife just informed me she is done until it cools off or masks go away.
My 15 year old son is a high school athlete and he did fine but definitely had to make some adjustments as the day went on.

I think experimenting with mask types prior to the trip and maybe having a few styles available on the trip is key. I have one that I could wear for hours with no problem. Another feels like I’m going to suffocate when just wearing it an hour.

I think experimenting with mask types prior to the trip and maybe having a few styles available on the trip is key. I have one that I could wear for hours with no problem. Another feels like I’m going to suffocate when just wearing it an hour.

I had 5 different types of masks with me. 4 types I brought from home (including the paper disposable kind,) and 1 I bought there (the UOAP ones sold in the park.) The one that ended up being best was the mainly white cotton one I bought on Ebay that looked like an accordion before I put it on.

If it's not any cooler when we go back, I'm going to try a gaitor. But I was loathe to spend the money going in, and didn't realize until the midday Florida sun/humidity hit how badly I would be affected. I had no experience wearing masks for more than an hour or two at home, since I've mainly been teleworking. And even when wearing a mask out at home I am typically in buildings with AC. I swim at home a lot for Vitamin D and exercise, but I am in my own backyard pool - so no need to socially distance. I am certain that the more experience a person has breathing with a mask on, the less of an issue it would become, as there are many professions that wear masks most, if not all, of their work day.

I also had a little fan on a neck string that I picked up at the dollar store. When I felt really bad, I would social distance, lift the mask up a bit at the bottom by my chin, and let the air move across my face. It provided a short relief that I would have been willing to pay a lot of money to experience more continuously - but, no, not worth my life. I spent the day getting an ice water, drinking it on the way to the ride, riding, getting off and heading to restroom to take care of business, washing my hands, then repeating this procedure. I had a good time, even though I loathed wearing a mask much, much more than I thought I would. I was not expecting to be affected that badly. When we go back, I will wear a mask again. I knew (will know) the rules going in, and I chose (will choose) to be there.

I had 5 different types of masks with me. 4 types I brought from home (including the paper disposable kind,) and 1 I bought there (the UOAP ones sold in the park.) The one that ended up being best was the mainly white cotton one I bought on Ebay that looked like an accordion before I put it on.

If it's not any cooler when we go back, I'm going to try a gaitor. But I was loathe to spend the money going in, and didn't realize until the midday Florida sun/humidity hit how badly I would be affected. I had no experience wearing masks for more than an hour or two at home, since I've mainly been teleworking. And even when wearing a mask out at home I am typically in buildings with AC. I swim at home a lot for Vitamin D and exercise, but I am in my own backyard pool - so no need to socially distance. I am certain that the more experience a person has breathing with a mask on, the less of an issue it would become, as there are many professions that wear masks most, if not all, of their work day.

I also had a little fan on a neck string that I picked up at the dollar store. When I felt really bad, I would social distance, lift the mask up a bit at the bottom by my chin, and let the air move across my face. It provided a short relief that I would have been willing to pay a lot of money to experience more continuously - but, no, not worth my life. I spent the day getting an ice water, drinking it on the way to the ride, riding, getting off and heading to restroom to take care of business, washing my hands, then repeating this procedure. I had a good time, even though I loathed wearing a mask much, much more than I thought I would. I was not expecting to be affected that badly. When we go back, I will wear a mask again. I knew (will know) the rules going in, and I chose (will choose) to be there.
Don't be afraid to try cheap gaiters....(salt armour is a cheapo). Only because the price doesn't take in to account personal preference. I have Huk, Buff and cheapos and those cheap ones are the easiest to breathe through.....and i didnt mind cutting one in half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter