Any recommended attractions driving between Las Vegas and Anaheim

kwonyong

Mouseketeer
When we drive between Las Vegas and Anaheim is there anything/anywhere/tourist attractions members would recommend?

What about Calico, is that worth a visit?
Thanks

i have not been to Calico in years...........it is a pretty boring ride, if possible we do it non-stop or stop at big boys to eat since we don't have one here.
Sorry nothing exciting at all .......ok you do pass the world bigest thermometer in Baker and sometimes it works.

There is Peggy Sue's Diner. That's one place we haven't stopped at yet, but when I Googled it, this is one of the links that came up and there are some pics to look at:
http://havewebsiteswilltravel.com/community/view_where/Peggy_Sues_50s_Diner57.html

There are the outlet stores in Barstow which is always a nice place to stop and grab a bite to eat as well.

We were just at Calico Ghost Town in mid February. It was fun. I have four kids ranging in ages from 7-13 and they all enjoyed it. It was a week-end so there was lots going on.

It doesn't take long though. I went thinking we'd be there most of the day and instead we did all we cared to do in about 3 hours.

I was hesitant to go. It was actually my DH's idea, but I'm glad we did and so were the kids. If you have the time, I'd say it's worth checking out just to say you've been there. And if you take the train ride there, you'll get some interesting bits of the town's history.

Here are some pics from our visit:
DSCF4091.jpg

DSCF4094.jpg

Also in Baker, in addition to the World's Largest Thermometer you can pick up some Alien Fresh Jerky. I never have....but you can. ;)

alienjerky.jpg

As has already been said the outlets at Barstow and Calico Ghost Town are good for a brief stopover.

Claire ;)

When we drive between Las Vegas and Anaheim is there anything/anywhere/tourist attractions members would recommend?

What about Calico, is that worth a visit?
Thanks

I have some funny pictures of my kids with the World's Tallest Thermometer and with the "alien" in front of the Alien Jerky Store. :lmao: They're such silly pictures- but worth it since we had to stop to go to the bathroom by then, anyway.

I wouldn't make a point of stopping, but if you need a break or something to eat, it's a good fun touristy thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter