• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recommendations for a pre cruise hotel at Port Canaveral?

Chandra C

Mouseketeer
We will be driving down from North Carolina. We basically just want a clean and affordable place that offers a shuttle service to the cruise terminal and parking for our vehicle while on the cruise, Thanks

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, which was fine. Years ago we stayed at the Radisson, which was also fine. I'd stay at either again, but wouldn't go out of my way to stay there.

One thing we encountered, though, which might be something to consider at all the hotels: though the Country Inn and Suites has a shuttle, you have to reserve your spot in it, the day before. I tried calling a couple of times before we arrived and couldn't get an answer, and when I finally got through in the afternoon, all the times near our boarding time were already taken. The hotel actually gave us a (small) discount on our rate (I think mainly because of the issues they had with not answering the phone!) and we took a taxi instead (both to and from the port). I expect this is an issue at many hotels, since lots of people will be in the same situation as you...

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites which was fine (although not much to do up there) and also stayed at the Comfort Inn, which we're going to book again. It's on a nice strip of beach, if you're interested in that and several things in that area. They have a "park and cruise" package you should check out. Also have separate fee for shuttle to port per person, not too much either.

Last edited:
We preferred the Country Inn over the Raddison. It just seemed cleaner. We have stayed at both. We normally have rental car so we take it to the return center and take a shuttle from there to the Port. The one time we drove down from Indiana, we left our car at the port.

We stayed at Homewood Suites a week ago and loved it! It's a new hotel, opened up last year, and the rooms are well sized. Very clean, good standard breakfast, and I would definitely recommend this place and stay here again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter