• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recipes for Haddock?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
I have a nice piece of Haddock that was given to me over the weekend and I don't want it to go to waste...Any recipes for how to cook it??

Thanks

The easiest way to prepare it would be to poach it in some water with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve with browned butter. Simple but tasty.

This is a family favorite! 1 egg beaten with milk. Cut haddock into 4" strips. Dip haddock in egg batter to coat. In separate dish mix flavored bread crumbs with fresh grated parm or romano cheese. Place battered haddock in bread crumbs and cover completely. Shake off excess crumbs. Do this with all pieces. Broil in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes. Even better is to cook it on the grill (lined with tin foil or in a cooking tray). Serve with lemon or tartar sauce. Tartar sauce can be made by mixing mayo with relish. Hope you enjoy the haddock. I think I'll buy a piece for dinner tomorrow evening. Yummmmmm!

Cook Haddock in Microwave for 1 minute - then flake.
Place flakes of Haddock in bottom of ovenproof dish.
Make a 1/2 pint measure of Parsley Sauce and pour over Haddock.(Chopped Parsley, 1 Tablespoon Cornflour and 1/2pt Milk)
Top with Creamy Mash Potatoes (Mashed with Butter and Cream) and bake in the oven till golden brown on top.

Delicious served with Asparagus Tips.

You could add grated cheese to top of Potatoes if you like it.

Oh Janice, that sounds yummy. I'm going to have to try that this week. :D

BCVowner2002...I used your recipe tonight for the Haddock and let me just say it was awesome! LOL...It tasted so good!!! :) Thanks everyone for all the recipes for this, I appreciate it!! :) you all have such creative ideas for food!! :)

Glad you enjoyed it. I stopped at the local fish market on my way home this evening and bought some haddock too. It is one of my family's favorite recipes. Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter