Any recent Whispering Canyon dinner reviews?

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
We've never been to Whispering Canyon but I'm looking for dinner not too far from the Chip & Dale Sing-along in Ft Wilderness.

I made an adr there but then took a look at the menu and was surprised there were no burgers, etc., just the platters and three entree options for dinner. Not sure when the selections became so limited. :confused:

Anyway, debating keeping it or not, anyone been there recently for dinner?

Darn. That was my kids' favorite. We will be there in a couple months with my now grown daughter and grandson. We have reservations there for our first night but I'm not sure she'll eat anything there now.

I had dinner there in May. Those platters seem to end up being too much food, even the plant-based ones. I prefer going there for lunch, when there is more variety of other items and in more moderate portion sizes.

Was there last week and had the traditional and plant platters between the group.

Both sausages (vegan/pork) and the brisket were great.
Chicken and potatoes (mashed/roasted) and cornbread were good.
Everything else was decent although the pulled pork and ribs were a bit dry.
Personally for my taste the veggies were a bit overcooked but I know I tend to be an outlier on that front.

The service was absolutely excellent.

It is an all-you-care-to enjoy, so portions are more than generous but the pricing is almost decent by Disney standards. I think it is worth checking out as there is actually quite a bit of variety within the platters especially if you share different ones amongst the group.

Obviously skip it if you need the burgers/chicken nuggets.

We went last month. I am not a fan of Barbecue sauce, but I figured I could eat the chicken. It was really dry but I ate it with the mashed potatoes, so it was okay. Hopefully there's at least 2-3 things you will like and can always get more of that. The chocolate cake dessert was delicious as well.

We ate there a couple months ago and it was just okay. I didn’t realize how limited the menu was either at dinner. I had the traditional skillet. The antics were really fun and our server was great but I wouldn’t pay that much money again. We can get a much better meal somewhere else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter