• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recent pics of campsites and the rest of the Fort?

Check this board for the 'post a picture of your campsite' thread, and the 'picture of the day thread'.

Thanks. I check those threads pretty regularly but I've seen a lot of pictures on there from past years (2005 and earlier) and I was hoping for more pictures of recent months with the recent round of clearing out the brush.

Carol posted some good ones today!

IMG_9028.jpg

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I mean the TREES look nice and green. The foliage. The standing water looks yucky. :headache:

FW is a reclaimed cypress swamp. The sites are slightly elevated so when it rains there is some flooding around the sites. The canal system does a pretty decent job of draining the area.

Either that or someone's hot water connection was leaking.

FW is a reclaimed cypress swamp. The sites are slightly elevated so when it rains there is some flooding around the sites. The canal system does a pretty decent job of draining the area.

Either that or someone's hot water connection was leaking.
Actually, it was a beer drinkers convention, and they couldn't make it to the outhouse.

I think the peacocks dammed up one of the canals and are making a raft to return to FW.

We were there a couple of weeks ago -- in the 700 loop. Lots and lots of sites looked like that picture. There was a lot of standing water around the campsites towards the end of the loop. I'm glad we didn't have one of them -- I would have spent my vacation keeping my dogs out of it!!!

Site 414 on 10//11/07
sitefront.jpg

Site 417 less than 6 months earlier
siteflag.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter